A new Member here my sculpt for silicone mask

NINJABIKER

Here is my zombie mask sculpting stages at the moment im hoping to do a silicone mask. I do struggle on making the mold first mask i tried was to thick and extremely tight second 1 the mold crumbled wrong plaster. Im hoping 3rd time lucky now. Ok few pics.

Zombiemask020.jpg

Some closeups on skin texture a little shotgun wound which once i have a silicone copy i will make some shotgun slugs and in bed them into the holes.
Zombiemask021.jpg

Zombiemask022.jpg

Also this pic of the brain exposed and skull smashed there will be a flap of skin over this as the mask will have punched hair and as the hair is pulled it will open to be exposed.
Zombiemask008.jpg

The skin texture looks great--well done. What sort of technique did you use to get that pitted look? (And what clay are you using?)

About your plaster casting problems: which plaster were you using before & what are your plans now? I've had a lot of problems cracking open molds that did not have a glove mold; are you using just plaster/ultracal to cast it or are you using a glove mold of some kind?

Hi many thanks the pitted look is done by folding a piece of cling film then dabbing it around with a metal sculpting tool that i have gives a really good effect the clay is oil based. As for making a mould im going to use crystacal R again as it was really strong on a diff mask but the sculpt was way to small also i made it way to thick with the silicone. Then the second time the plaster was just plaster of Paris Basically crumbled away.

This is the only way i know how to do this i have searched everywhere looking on how ppl inject it in but i cant find anything on this moulding proses.

I'm unfamiliar with Crystacal R, but a quick google search tells me that it might not pick up the fine details that Ultracal 30 would. (Does anyone else have an opinion on plaster here?)

This sculpt doesn't have complicated undercuts so a two-part mold is probably your best bet.

I've never injected, but have done latex slush casts... if you slush you have some control about how thick the layers go. (Essentially pouring silicone into the mold, slushing it around, and pouring it out; it leaves a very fine layer on the inside of the mold. You repeat as needed for thickness.)

I'm unfamiliar with Crystacal R, but a quick google search tells me that it might not pick up the fine details that Ultracal 30 would. (Does anyone else have an opinion on plaster here?)

This sculpt doesn't have complicated undercuts so a two-part mold is probably your best bet.

I've never injected, but have done latex slush casts... if you slush you have some control about how thick the layers go. (Essentially pouring silicone into the mold, slushing it around, and pouring it out; it leaves a very fine layer on the inside of the mold. You repeat as needed for thickness.)

hello there nice work by there way .....with the plaster ive had the same issues through trying to find the right plaster ....the best one ive found is Herculite 2 its great at picking up the detail and strong for 2 part moulds here is a link for my stuff using the plaster EpochCraig

hi there how do you mould this in the end was it with a plaster mould and slush casting it with silicone? thanks nice work on teh mask it came out awsome

cheers

Hey there sorry for no updates ppl been busy. Yeah im going out on the 27th Halloween party as a Nazi zombie off the most talked about computer game COD.
I also did another silicone mask out of the same mould with a full beard and long hair walking dead style mask.
Here is bags of pics for you lot sorry for so many lol.
zombiemasks002.jpg

zombiecostume009-1.jpg

zombiemask015-1.jpg

My coat weathered up i got badges from uk ww2 reproduction site.
zombiecostume022-2.jpg

zombiecostume021-2.jpg

zombiecostume020-2.jpg

zombiecostume018-1.jpg

zombiecostume017-1.jpg

And heres a few pics of the other mask i did.
zombiemasks022.jpg

zombiemasks026.jpg

zombiemasks027.jpg

Test fit.
zombiemasks029.jpg

zombiemasks030.jpg

zombiemasks032.jpg

zombiemasks034.jpg

zombiemasks035.jpg

zombiemasks036.jpg

zombiemasks033.jpg

And thats it ppl any questions just ask.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back