NEw Superman 52 and/or Kingdom Come Superman Costume?

Samaritan

Has anyone tackled or plan on doing a suit to match the new Superman 52 style? How about a "Kingdom Come" Superman suit? I would love to have a highly accurate suit in each of these afore-mentioned motifs.

As this Superman 52 picture suggests, there is a raised crew neck style collar with anterior notch, changes at the wrist, with red piping at the wrists and collar, red belt with no red trunks. The suit is segmented in appearance (a key detail, I think) and the superman "S" logo motif is repeated (on shoulder/over deltoids, etc.). The cape is also more inset in to the shoulders. The blue is a bit deeper/darker...perhaps the red is as well? The "S" logo on the cape is black on red background.

Image Detail for - That crafty writer Grant Morrison and sneaky artist Rags Morales. For anyone that read this past week’s

Image Detail for - That crafty writer Grant Morrison and sneaky artist Rags Morales. For anyone that read this past week’s

Above is a more directly link. One more thing: the boots are redesigned with a wider, angled toe box that to me has a more realistic look, as it seems more like a "working/functional" boot in which to TCB (take care of business!).

Any ideas or links?

Last edited:
Bumping this.

I have seen the Superman 52 suits for sale on Ebay, and they seem nice, but IMO one of the big drawbacks to any bodysuit is that most/many are solid and uniform in appearance. A textured look that breaks us the material creates a more appealing look. The films seem to have recognized and addressed this in their costumes (Spider-man, Superman).

This is especially key, IMO, with Superman 52, where in the comics themselves a textured appearance, with the "S logo" motif being repeated and a more "subtle armored" look runs throughout the suit. There are a series of lines that break up the suit in an appealing way.

Any "hyper-accurate" suit makers out there with any plans to tackle this?

it's funny when you said "TCB" i just pictured the tat i have on my arm the says tcb with a lightning bolt (elvis style) and i love this costume! seeing it made well, would be really awesome!

The issue for the 52 Superman suit is the translation to the real world, without the lines of the "armor" that you see when drawn the suit really becomes a big blue shape without any contrast. That was the reason for the "briefs" to break up all that blue.

I like the 52 suit but at times I wonder as to the finish, I have seen it drawn with a shine much like iron man suit and other times as a cloth. Odd but who knows?

I have seen one suit on another board where someone had what appeared to be overlay (S shield shapes on shoulders/over deltoids, outline of briefs, etc.) that seemed closer than the ones offered on the ebay store noted above. I would like to see a closer real world depiction of what's been drawn...

Licensing_Expo_2012_45.jpg

You can see the detailing on the movie suit, and I'd say they've almost gone for an identical copy to the new 52 suit with a few tweaks to make it a bit more 'realistic'

Licensing_Expo_2012_45.jpg

You can see the detailing on the movie suit, and I'd say they've almost gone for an identical copy to the new 52 suit with a few tweaks to make it a bit more 'realistic'

No way, there is a massive difference to the DC 52 & the new Man of Steel
Man of Steel is (sadly) a more textured "spider-man"

supermc.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back