Defiance Props

View attachment 188965

Here is a few pages with many cool props. Anybody here know Walter at all? He does excellent work!!

Weapons « Walter Klassen FX Walter Klassen FX

Props « Walter Klassen FX Walter Klassen FX
Since I saw the first Episode I really liked the design of this Gun, I wander if there will be A replica offered of it in the future.
I do not see why not, as there is already detailed info on it on the SyFy Website:
Po-tech | World of 2046 | Defiance
and the game is already vary popular.

So I have just started watching Defiance and I'm about 4 episodes in and I love Nolan's gun. I started modeling it up just to try and figure our all the different shapes and parts. Figured I throw it up here and see what everyone thinks. Defiance 1.JPG I know I still need to do some more work on the grip and all but like I said wanted to see what people think.

A couple of other things that have come up in the show that are not weapon-wise, such as Doc Yewll's equipment (as seen in "I Just Wasn't Made For These Times") and, of course, the Hailers used by some of the townsfolk. And the gold knot.

Last edited:
I also tried to tackle the badge. ;)

[/QUOTE]

Of course you would, lol. That looks awesome, btw. If I weren't still in-between jobs right now, I'd be getting one of those from you right now. I can only hope you'll have them later on.

Anyway, as Nolan's gun has been much the topic of discussion here (and also [i]my[/i] favourite), I figured I would show my efforts at drafting a 1:1 scale technical drawing :)

[img]http://imageshack.us/a/img195/7819/yu8o.jpg

As there are noticeable differences in some details on each side of the pistol, I decided to draw up both:

2nj2.jpg

Of course, this is just a rough draft. I still need to straighten a few things out, clean up some line work and do up the other views (front, rear, top, bottom), but you get the idea.

It's a pretty big gun, lol.

Thanks, Bad Wolf. Like you, I immediately fell in love with it the moment I saw it in the series premiere. It looks so totally bad-***, lol.

I'm working on doing up the final drafts for both side views, but I'm having a bit of a hard time trying to figure out what the thickness of the gun should be for the other four views.

Once I've got a couple other projects out of the way, I wouldn't mind trying my hand at scratch-building one of these for myself :D

Thanks, guys. I think I did a pretty good job on getting the details right. Not a lot of reference pics of Nolan's gun online yet, but I made due with what I could find.

Here's a cleaned up set of technical drawings (I haven't quite finished with some of the detail line work, but you know what it's supposed to look like):

rwj4.jpg

6gpy.jpg

And a side-by-side shot to see how some of the details differ:

fko8.jpg

Still trying to figure out what would be an appropriate width for the gun, so I can begin working on the front, rear, top and bottom views.

Last edited:
Wow Awesome! thanks for sharing those. they look great Eric. hope you don't mind if I safe them as a build reference for when I get the urge too build one.

one of these days maybe....

Hi there....
Great work Eric. Would you consider dropping the large finger gaurd ?? Or making it an "add on piece" ?? In the first post of this thread it shows the base weapon with all the variant accesories and add ons to it. Dropping the LOWER STABALIZER would make a stock weapon for customization. Po-tech to me is grab as you go and make it work McGyver style. Just saying...and my 2 cents worth.

~Edwin~

Wow Awesome! thanks for sharing those. they look great Eric. hope you don't mind if I safe them as a build reference for when I get the urge too build one.

one of these days maybe....

Thanks, Sean. By all means, save my images for your own reference. We're here to share knowledge with one another, after all ;)

Hi there....
Great work Eric. Would you consider dropping the large finger gaurd ?? Or making it an "add on piece" ?? In the first post of this thread it shows the base weapon with all the variant accesories and add ons to it. Dropping the LOWER STABALIZER would make a stock weapon for customization. Po-tech to me is grab as you go and make it work McGyver style. Just saying...and my 2 cents worth.

~Edwin~

Thanks, Edwin! I had noticed the trigger guard was a removable piece, so when I get around to building mine I was planning on making it that way. I'm kind of interested in seeing how it would look without it, lol.

Oh, and I realized there is an actual working slide, as demonstrated in the following screencaps:

9j3c.jpg

(You can even see the shell casing fly out of the ejection port on the right-hand side, as the slide pulls back)

bpyb.jpg

35wi.jpg

So I'll definitely want to incorporate that into my own scratch-build of this way-kewl prop.

Of course, I won't necessarily be getting to this project anytime soon, as there are a couple other ones that need to get wrapped up first. My scratch-build of this probably won't happen for a while.

In the meantime though, I can finish up the other technical views, and polish off the two side views (yes, I found one or two more details that needed to be tweaked a bit, lol).

I figure the gun is approximately 1 1/4" wide, not including any of the surface add-ons that would likely add more width to it. I'm going to start on those other technical views now.

Last edited:
Hi there....
I have been lurking on here for almost a year and decided to get more involved. I have a couple of NOOB questions:
Vivek: This is your thread you started. Are we getting off topic by focusing on Nolan's gun ?? Which way do you want to go with this thread ? DEFIANCE PROPS in general or focusing on a single prop ?? I don't want to see a good thread "hijacked" by accident.
eric: A couple things caught my eye. 1) Do you want to remove the clip from the drawings ?? A removable clip would be AWESOME SAUCE. 2) Possibly a right thumb selector switch ?? It looks like he goes full auto in the pic of the Vorg attack by the muzzle flash. That would be cool. 3) I found a good pic of the front but still being a NOOB I can't upload it...BLEH (I'm a Techno-tard)
Projects I'm thinking of....hhhmmmm. I think I'm going to go through and look for the back scene props. Nicolette's breather, Charge blade, the kid's microphone, the Doc's gear, costuming, a NEED/WANT t-shirt, and the Holy Grail...the Golden Knot. Can't wait to find out what that does !!
Anyway....just my thoughts......

~Edwin~

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back