Defiance Props

I've been kicking around the idea of doing an item from the Defiance game. This one is the Nova-Strike Orbital Defense controller unit that's used in the main storyline. It seems really simple to build. The only problem I can see is the lack of details on the buttons (seriously, they're all white, except for the red mushroom button), so I don't know if I want to keep it game-accurate or attempt to add more detailing to it (especially with the buttons).

Nova-Strike_Controller.png

Another item I think would be interesting to do, though a little bit more complex, is the Ark-Core and Battery.

Core_and_cell_connect.png

Ark-Core_with_cell.png

Ark-Core.png

And the Terra-spire looks like something that can easily be done too.

tech_terrasphere.jpg

Last edited:
Well i am back, looks like last week finally had a good view of the charge blade finally, so I will be sculpting and posting an stl later this , on my older versions the two part molds are done and as soon as I get the electronics installed and giving a good pulse I will post some pics.

I was bumming around the DeviantArt search page for "Defiance", going from recent listing on down. I came across a user who had one of these. She said she got it off of Amazon, but the listing is listed now as being "sold out." I however wanted to know who it was (to make sure someone didn't recast another's work from here), and went over to Amazon, not finding the listing. However, I found this patch of the badge, which has only six of them left: http://www.amazon.com/Olde-Scotland...406102567&sr=8-1&keywords=Defiance,+lawkeeper

Got the badge in. It's pretty decent replica, except for on thing (which I failed to notice): the badge replica is about the size of a Kennedy Half-Dollar. Still, pretty nice for a metal replica. Good stand in for getting a 1:1 later.

Last edited:
For those who were wanting to do a Hailer, I found something that may be of help. Since we haven't gotten useful shots of the hailers used in the show, I did find this:

jonathan-standing-hailer-final.jpg

It's concept art by Jonathan Standing, who has a few pictures of other items from the show, as well as some storyboarding/production design pictures. You can check out his ArtStation profile here: https://www.artstation.com/artist/jonstanding

It may not be as useful as a clear shot of the actual prop, but maybe this can give us an idea on how it looks and it looks close to the prop in comparison to what we have been able to see (except for the screen and the possibly the thickness it).

Additional Edit: As you can see in this picture, as well as previous pictures of the Hailer in this thread, there are some noticeable small differences between the concept art and the actual prop, which includes the screen:
tech_hailer.jpg

defiance-props-hailer_timer-jpg-231412d1379079166

defiance-props-hailer_communications-jpg-231411d1379079164

Last edited:
thanks CB. I missed the catalog the first time I looked. dang I wish I could bid on that.

You're welcome. Don't worry, the bid come up soon, as there's several noticeable items that aren't up yet (such as Doc Yewll's outfit from Season 1 and 2, as well as her medical gown). But since the gun is one of those iconic props, it's not going to be cheap by the end of its bidding run.

The auction's uploaded a whole new set of items to check out. I've already snagged the pictures (including one of the hailers used in the show). I plan on uploading the pictures as zipped files, so that people can download them if they haven't gotten them from the auctions).

Last edited:
They've got some new costume items up for auction. And, I noticed something. There's an auction that's called "DEFIANCE VC IRATH ASSASSIN #1 SCREEN WORN VEST SWEATER PANTS WIG & GLOVES EP 308." The vest shown in the auction is the same design as the vest that Cooper wears in the game, as well as Arkhunters in game when they get the Deputy Lawkeeper outfit, minus the badge portion. Here's a picture of Cooper from the game:
400px-Npc_joncooper.png

So, if anyone wants to cosplay as Cooper, or as your Arkhunter wearing a Deputy Lawkeeper outfit, that auction's for y'all (either to actually get the auction or to serve as a resource to create the vest, which you get a back and front view of the vest). :)

Still hoping to get something from the auction but in the mean meantime my badge arrived in the post today :)
IMG_20160127_155408.jpg

Also has anyone done anything more with making Nolan's gun?
Been trying myself but not really my area of expertise.

Still hoping to get something from the auction but in the mean meantime my badge arrived in the post today :)
View attachment 582818

Also has anyone done anything more with making Nolan's gun?
Been trying myself but not really my area of expertise.

There's a couple of build threads for Nolan's gun (they'll pop up when using the search). I even found one person who posted here at one point who made Nolan's gun out of foam (and posted it on Facebook without sharing it here. I found out about it and posted it in this same thread.

I myself have been thinking about doing a replica of the Wolfhound from the game, considered doing a replica of the terrasphere and I've got a model kit of a Dodge Charger and a toy Dodge Charger police car (both in 1/25 scale) to turn into the Lawkeeper Charger and my Orange Hemi Dodge Challenger roller from the game.

Last edited:
Well, one of the auction posts has a Von Bach weapon from Season 3 (the rifle that the young Von Bach brings up Defiance, you know... "aloe vera"). Anyways, it turns out this gun seen in Nolan's hands....

Defiance_blog_moments_306_01.jpg

Defiance_gallery_306Recap_02.jpg

Is actually a Nerf Centurion. Now, I'm going to have to keep my eye open for one at Goodwill (hopefully with all of its parts).

img_3508.jpg

Ha! Awesome. "Terra Nova" used a lot of repainted Nerfs, modded as well.

I can highly recommend RPF member Brian Johnson as a professional Nerf modder and painter. And My Close Personal Friend(TM).

If you can't find one, I'll bet he can.

-MJ

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back