Defiance Props

Farnsworth bits 022.jpgDSC04401.JPG
Picked these up at a local estate sale last year, and looky what the "stylin' Votan's are wearing! Glasses are c1840's originals.

Not so bad! They were asking $40, but since one arm was replaced eons ago, I got them for $20. The side lenses fold over the front ones as well, for extra dark vision.
Not sure if they were originally protective "work" glasses, or more of a medical item in the day.

Thanks for posting those. The pistol has a nice finish. Do you know who did it?

I'm not a prop maker as such, but I have a vested interest in trying to get one of these Defiance props. I've found out that the company Walter Klassen FX has made the bulk of the physical props for Defiance, including the hero pistol.

They're on Facebook and also have a dedicated website. The drawing here is a CAD drawing of the gun, so clearly a version of it exists. I've just sent enquiries as to if they can make copies for sale and the like, though I imagine just good reference material would work for those wanting to make their own.

S.

Started working on the "Welcome to Antarctica" post card, as it seems to be a reoccuring prop in the show, though I'd swear that's NOT Antarctica in the photo! ;o)

Hi there...
In answer to your question about Antartica. I believe it being so removed from the other continents when the terra forming and the war started, that it has survived as a paradise if you will. I wonder what Australia would look like.

~Edwin~

Hi there...
In answer to your question about Antartica. I believe it being so removed from the other continents when the terra forming and the war started, that it has survived as a paradise if you will. I wonder what Australia would look like.

~Edwin~

Actually, Antarctica and it being a tropical paradise is listed as still being a rumor. In fact, I was upset to find out that Florida received the worst of the worst when it came to Arkfall and the Pale Wars. You can find out about it here: 2046 Map | World of 2046 | Defiance

Here's a little grouping of some of my Defiance props. This is my prototype postcard, but I should have my printed post cards here by the end of the week. Kevernicon's beautiful metal Lawkeeper badge, my Irisa 4 lens glasses, and a few other "props" for filler. Doh!! forgot my shotglasses!
Cheers, JeffDefiance%20174.JPG

713 Props 004 (2).JPGHere's a pic of the shotglasses I was refering to. I've got a pair in the PIF thread. but apparently never posted them on here. Another "vintage" 60's piece. DSC04387.JPGDSC04388.JPGDSC04391.JPG

IMG_2342.jpgIMG_2343.JPG
Here are my Defiance builds. I free hand carved a charge blade based on the concept art. Then after rewatching Datak's fight with the hellbug and his throwing away of his knife i realized that it was much larger and in the shape of a giant comma. So i retooled the design. Same thing happened when i tried to carve out nolans, so i ended up tracing the outline of the original prop scaled up to 1:1. so i decided to turn the first failed attempt into a Defiance world based potech bmg/revolver gunblade making a cool mid to close range chargebladed prop. i kinda gave up on the badge after i saw everyone else's

View attachment 217846View attachment 217847
Here are my Defiance builds. I free hand carved a charge blade based on the concept art. Then after rewatching Datak's fight with the hellbug and his throwing away of his knife i realized that it was much larger and in the shape of a giant comma. So i retooled the design. Same thing happened when i tried to carve out nolans, so i ended up tracing the outline of the original prop scaled up to 1:1. so i decided to turn the first failed attempt into a Defiance world based potech bmg/revolver gunblade making a cool mid to close range chargebladed prop. i kinda gave up on the badge after i saw everyone else's

That's a great start. what kind of wood are you using? looks like it would be hard to free hand carve. some MDF and a dremel would be a lot easier...

I would of though MDF would be less forgiving than plan old two by fours. I already use my dremel for some of the shaping.

Maybe its just me, but it seems to be a bit bigger than Datak's charge blade. I could be wrong of course.

Well you also have to think that it is it at is widest point and when I looked at the hellbug fight in slomo and I took into account that the blade was about three fingers wide and that would mean the hilt would have to be wider by at least a quarter of an inch on end. When Datak is fighting he is cupping the hilt with both hands about as wide as a wide cell like a galaxy. These are just my observations and comparisons based on finger placement. You might be right, but when I was trying to figure out the dimensions of Nolan's Iron Demon pistol all my free hands ended up being half the size of the real one.

Also s few millimeters will be taken aw from the carving to get the curve right and the plating designs on the back of Datak's that you can see in the brawl between Nolan and Datak. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376123399.785996.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1376123416.081838.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1376123432.300395.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1376123457.049685.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back