Pepakura Republic Commando

redhawk591

Hi all! I've just started a new project, as you can guess by the title, it's a republic commando! :) so i've started cutting out the pieces and only have a couple more pages to go, and then the fun begins! I've only started on the helmet, but once i do the helm, i'll start on the body (as you do :lol )

Any help/tips would be much appreciated As this is my first major project :)

Good luck with this! I'm working on the same thing actually. Which files did you end up with?

Just make sure to take your time, and don't get too ahead of yourself. I found that it helped a lot to be looking at the file on the computer while working.

When you go to fiberglass and resin your pieces, I would recommend putting some sort of support beams in first. If you don't support it in some way, your pieces to warp and get out of shape because of the weight of the fiberglass.

Looking forward to what you get done!

Thanks for the tips! I just scoured the internet until i found a file that looked as close to the games models as possible. I think that with, i think its skil (or something similar) the mouth was a bit too long for me. But yeh, i am going to use fierfeks files for the body of the republic commando, you should check him out if you havn't, he has loads of stuff! I've also just spent the last couple of hours folding about 1/3 of my pieces. It's going to be a long night ;)

Okay, so over the past couple days i have been gluing the pieces for the bucket and i have to say, it has turned out better than i had hoped for ;) I've gotta say though, extra strong pritt stick is ALOT better (for me) than hot glue. For one you dont burn yourself :p but it is also alot easier to handle and use. If i have any updates you shall be the first to know :) (The first picture i the front, the second of the back)

Ok, so i spent a few hours gluing on more pieces onto the top of the head and managed to finish the back of the helm! :D SO hopefully it won't take that long to do the front aswell. Oh, and a little tip for any newbies to pepakura like me, keep checking the file on the computer to see how everything goes together. It saved me quite a few times XD

Nice job man! i`ve been searching the republic commando helmet files for a pretty long time without luck, it would be great if you could share it XD, by the way this is looking great just cant wait to see it

So I've been doing more of the helm today, been working on the 'ears' mostly, but i think it's slowly getting there! Hopefully i might have it finished by tomorrow! (Sticking together that is) :p

Woo! I finally stuck all the pieces together and i must say, it doesnt look too shabby ;) Now its time to take a break before starting the body :D

I am looking for the pdo for this lid and every link I find is not going to the download for it. I have been looking for it for like 6 weeks on and off on here and on other sites as well the one I really am looking for is by LigonAP.

Good job so far!
Toxx gave me the advice to use "wood"-glue and it worked like a charm. With a small brush, thin layer, press the parts together and sets in a few sec. like super glue, but it won't glue your finger and won't make the paper so crisp and hard.
If you need some small changes in the 3D models I could offer my help.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back