Dr Who - Human Dalek Tommy Gun - Complete

Re: Dr Who - (Jedibugs) Human Dalek Tommy Gun - Complete

Well, I got my Tommy Gun... it arrived in one piece and didn't even get held up too long at customs (it could probably have been a real Tommy Gun and gone through just as smoothly...).

I have to say, I'm not typically interested in static props, and the story this particular prop comes from was one of my very least favorites (though a not-yet-very-famous Andrew Garfield was in it!). That said, I do really like this replica.

I never noticed the level of Dalek influence in the design when watching the episode. I thought it was kind of just a normal tommy gun with a Dalek gun in place of the normal barrel. But, once you look over the thing, you see that it has little Dalek touches all over.

Basic full-profile shot:
8067392077_4ba0398bf0_c.jpg

The John Woo gun-in-your-face shot:
8067391541_05b6e76233_c.jpg

Just some nice detail:
8067387772_a30e6d81bf_c.jpg

Here it is with the whole family... should give a good idea of scale (not pictured: my TARDIS door-sign):
8067390347_9cb480cc19_c.jpg

I live in a tiny studio apartment, so I don't have a lot of shelf or tabletop space... so I decided to wall-mount it. Not bad, if I say so myself:
8067386644_f229dace06_c.jpg

Thanks, Keith! I'm incredibly happy to have placed in the Sonic competition, especially amongst such great and diverse entries. It was great of you to put the whole thing together and dedicate your time and materials to the prizes.

Very nicely done and congrats again on your 2nd place win Jedibugs!

It's a great prop (even though, as you mentioned, the episode left something to be desired). :lol

Hi guys just got back from Armageddon exbo and catching up on what’s been going on, it's been two very big and long days and still have to unload the Dalek transport vehicle, I’m so pleased that it got to you all intacked Jedibugs. I was a little concerned that it may not make it or customs may think it was a weapon of mass destruction.

I do like how you have displayed the Human Dalek Tommy gun real nice to with how you have it mounted on the wall, and you got some real nice pics to, yeah my place is not that big ether and now that it is getting full of who stuff it sure is filling up fast.

Last edited:

That's a really nice gun! Is anyone offering kits of these? ;) ;) It would look great with my River Song Alpha Mesa Blaster kit I just acquired.

There wouldn't be a possibility of buying just the mdf cut outs for this? I'm thinking about making my own one, but the undertaking of so much foam and bondo is making me want to just shell out a bit for the cut mdf. If only we all had CNC machines! Magnificent work, and I hope I may be able to replicate it!

Well, I got my Tommy Gun... it arrived in one piece and didn't even get held up too long at customs (it could probably have been a real Tommy Gun and gone through just as smoothly...).

I have to say, I'm not typically interested in static props, and the story this particular prop comes from was one of my very least favorites (though a not-yet-very-famous Andrew Garfield was in it!). That said, I do really like this replica.

I never noticed the level of Dalek influence in the design when watching the episode. I thought it was kind of just a normal tommy gun with a Dalek gun in place of the normal barrel. But, once you look over the thing, you see that it has little Dalek touches all over.

Basic full-profile shot:
8067392077_4ba0398bf0_c.jpg

The John Woo gun-in-your-face shot:
8067391541_05b6e76233_c.jpg

Just some nice detail:
8067387772_a30e6d81bf_c.jpg

Here it is with the whole family... should give a good idea of scale (not pictured: my TARDIS door-sign):
8067390347_9cb480cc19_c.jpg

I live in a tiny studio apartment, so I don't have a lot of shelf or tabletop space... so I decided to wall-mount it. Not bad, if I say so myself:
8067386644_f229dace06_c.jpg

Thanks, Keith! I'm incredibly happy to have placed in the Sonic competition, especially amongst such great and diverse entries. It was great of you to put the whole thing together and dedicate your time and materials to the prizes.

Looks very good, a cool item to own. :)

I was hoping to build at least a couple of these to be used by handlers for our local Dalek club. For the life of me I cannot find CatfoodRob's original PDFs (which would save me a great deal of time). So if anyone is able to direct me to where I can find them, or something similar, then I would be very grateful.

I was hoping to build at least a couple of these to be used by handlers for our local Dalek club. For the life of me I cannot find CatfoodRob's original PDFs (which would save me a great deal of time). So if anyone is able to direct me to where I can find them, or something similar, then I would be very grateful.

I sent catfoodRob my CAD drawings of the Tommy gun as it was modelled from his design and without the work he put into his I would not have been able to manufacture the three I made. Jedibugs was selling his, so you may try giving him a PM and see if he still has his.

Last edited:
I had this idea buzing around my brain for a wile & thaught you might help me out or make it yourself.

Turning a MECH Tommy 20 nerf tommy gun into a human dalek tommy gun.

I plan on making a Dalek Tommy Gun & need a little help. Dose anyone know where I can find measurements for a violin case?
My future Dalek Tommy Gun with case. :cool:

Dalek Tommy Gun Case copy.jpg

The violin case for a Thompson SMG is an old joke. A Thompson SMG is too large to fit in a violin case. A violin for an adult is about 14 to 23 inches, depending on the size of the adult. A Thompson SMG without the stock is 24 1/4 inches long, I don't know if that is with, or without the compensator, which adds about 2 inches to the barrel. You may be able to find a violin case long enough to fit a Thompson, but is is going to be stripped down. No but stock, no pistol grip fore stock, and no drum magazine, but maybe a stick magazine. You should be able to fit a Thompson in a guitar case, when disassembled like in the photo. If not, then there's always a chello case. :lol:

David.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back