Dr Who - Human Dalek Tommy Gun - Complete

Rassilon

Hi to all the Dr Who members out there in forum land. :lol

I found some spare time over the weekend for the first time in months and started to get bored. :rolleyes
Was looking though some Dr Who stuff, and came across the Human Dalek Tommy Gun, that I started researching some time ago before I started working on the Rassilon Custom tenant Sonics.

As Armageddon is fast approaching in October I was looking for something to go with Dalek Cann, as he also was taken from the series, Daleks in Manhattan.

There were some pdf drawings that I had found, but can't quite recall were I got them from, so I hade a look around the forum for some information about the Human Dalek Tommy Gun and came across a member on here that built one, and it turns out that the pdf drawings are from that member “catfoodrob”.

And seeing what an excellent job catfootrob made of his Human Dalek Tommy Gun, I started to convert the pdf drawings to CAD, I also came across some photo’s that may have been also taken by catfoodrob, of a Human Dalek Tommy gun on display as well.

So this build of the Human Dalek Tommy Gun are from catfoodrob’s pdf drawings. I would like to thank catfoodrob for posting his design drawings in pdf on the web for others to build from. :thumbsup

attachment.php

attachment.php

I did make some changes to the catfootrob’s design by changing the magazine to look more like what was in the display photo’s that he took of the Tommy guns magazine.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Next was to convert the flat patterns of the parts, so I can start working on the tool paths, once I had completed the tool paths next was to converted the tool paths into G code, for the CNC router to start cutting the flat patterns from 3mm MDF board.
Very simple, push of a button, and that was complete, I do have some video of this CNC router working but will post that at the end of the build.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Re: Dr Who - Human Dalek Tommy Gun

Very nice! I think I have a 3D model, pep, or blueprint/machining plans for a tommy gun of this era on my hard drive somewhere, always wanted to make one. Never got around to it, but boy I love to see this in progress. :)

Yeah ya gotta have the right workshop toys to do the right job with.

Spent some more time out in the workshop tonight and cnc'd more parts for the Human Dalek Tommy Gun. And I just know how much you all like them action shots, so here are some more of the cnc router at work.

attachment.php

dr-who-human-dalek-tommy-gun-parts-2.jpg-100042d1340574780

One all the parts were cnc'd out of 9mm MDF, I the simple started to glue them together.
So far have used 3mm and 6mm and 9mm MDF board, the two separate assembles in the photo are what they look like before I took to them with a pedestal sander.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

Armageddon is fast approaching and I still have not finished my first Human Dalek Tommy gun :cry that I intend on taken with me to the convention in October, although I have been making some progress, it has been slow, mostly due to flat pattern design changes along the way, the first Tommy gun that you see me building just did not turn out right, so I used it to get the pattern issues worked out.

attachment.php

I gave the finished parts an undercoat of black paint and the gold section on the tommy gun parts a light coat of Dalek Gold, I also build the Dalek Tommy gun in modular section and assembled them once I had finished each section, by doing this it makes it that much more simpler to build.

attachment.php

attachment.php

So the one you see know is what I have completed so far over a weekend, and as you can see I still have to finish the magazine with the band around the outer rim, and install the rings on the ray gun barrel.

Re: Dr Who - Human Dalek Tommy Gun - Mk 1

Have been working on the final paint for the Mk1 human Dalek Tommy Gum, have called it the Mk1 due to it been a work in progress, as I still have design changes to make to the final assembly and some small alterations.

The Mk2 version will be more in tune now that I have all the patterns worked out, and also will be concentrating on a 51% kit build, but more on that at a later time.

But more importantly is a finished version for the 2nd place entrant for the design a sonic competition place winner.

I still have to give it that bashed up and worn out look, and finish the pistol grips wood look, but that will have to happen another time.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Looks AWESOME Rassilon! But I think the metal is more of a dark bronze than Dalek gold(even though that makes more sense :lol)

Thank jazzygeoffery, Yeah, I do so agree with you on that, I used the same paint I had leftover from building Dalek Cann, and it's made the Tommy gun very bright, as well as the black I used, I used gloss black instead of matt black, the Mk2 version that I have started working on, will have the right paint, or something that will better matched the correct color.

I think the gold would have better been used on the pistol grip.

Screenshot_2012-08-02-06-14-41.png

I hope that link works, its my first time using photobucket... Anyways, unless the stage and audience lights are different, the gun looks more red than the Daleks, hope that helps :)

Yeah it worked, I have the dvd, and need to have a better look at it. But lacking the free time to do so.

I can get a better cap if you want, I got that one from Netflix on my phone. And it's one of two (nearly identical) shots with both in frame.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back