Dr Who - Human Dalek Tommy Gun - Complete

Re: Dr Who - Human Dalek Tommy Gun - Mk 1

Thanks so much guys, the Mk2 will have more detail on the Tommy gun end. along with the centre rig that runs along the top of the Tommy gun.

I did change this in the previous versions, but for some reason I did not update the G codes to the cnc router, and I cut out the old version insted, that now has been fixed.

Other than the paint, as I have mentioned above, can anyone see other design points that I need to look at better.

I think you got everything, except the end of the barrel should have a sharp bevel, and the 'dome' on it should be ever so slightly thinner. The gun still looks fantastic! :thumbsup

KIT PART No 1
Getting the finial parts on the human Dalek Tommy gun together for the Mk 2 version, the parts shown in the photo are the Tommy gun part parts, once glued together will see the Tommy gun end of the human Dalek Tommy gun complete. With some sanding.

attachment.php

Next will be the Dalek part of the human Dalek Tommy gun, once I get some new router tips. As I broke 2 over the weekend making other stuff not related to who stuff. :cry

Re: Dr Who - Human Dalek Tommy Gun - Mk 3 version

Kit Part No 2
Sometime back I did finished this part of the kit, but did not post the finished item.

attachment.php

I did say patiently :)

Seriously, no rush at all. I somehow doubt that the sonic you're making for the winner is going to be a quick job, after all.

Re: Dr Who - Human Dalek Tommy Gun - Mk 2 version

Seriously, no rush at all. I somehow doubt that the sonic you're making for the winner is going to be a quick job, after all.

We did set a due date for September 15th though right? :love:lol:lol:lol

We did set a due date for September 15th though right? :love:lol:lol:lol

Good thing Kevin has that Tardis in his back yard. He can take the year he needs to make the winner sonic just right, waltz into his backyard with it, travel back to next week and leave it on the picnic table so he can pick it up and deliver it on time. Can't just hand it over to himself because of the Binovitch Limitation Effect better known as, erm, ZAP!

Yeah that will be a challenge for sure Jedibugs, but I am getting the other item made first, such as sending out the 3D drawings of the Tardis, that have now been sent and have arrived, next will be the Human Dalek Tommy gun for jedibugs, that I have been working on getting it as good to the photo’s as I can, it will not be 100% as I did not have access to the original Human Dalek Tommy gun, only photo’s and second-hand information, but it is worth taking the extra time to get it looking better For jedibugs I think.

By Sunday Australian time, I will have some photo’s posted of Jedibugs Human Dalek Tommy gun for sure. :thumbsup

Thanks guys, well have now finished the 2nd price for the design a DW sonic competition, would have posted this sooner but went out on Friday night to see Boom Crash Opera an Australian band, and had to many Rassilon Vodka's and never got to see them at all. :sick :sick :sick and then :sleep:sleep:confused

Anyhow feeling much better today and now catching up on some work that I should have been doing on Saturday.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Re: Dr Who - (Jedibugs) Human Dalek Tommy Gun - Complete

I do hope it gets to jedibugs in one piece; a lot of work go’s into making the Dalek Tommy gun about 40hr’s or so, I did wrap it in bubble wrap and forme snow, so lookout when your getting it out of the box jedibugs.

This is staggeringly good work !!!!!!!!
Im SO imopressed , and glad that my original build spurred you on to surpass it !
I have no idea why I missed this thread whilst it was in the build up stage ...but Im glad Ive now read it .
By my reckoning thats now 4 fan built Dalek Tommy guns in the world ! Cool .

This is staggeringly good work !!!!!!!!
Im SO imopressed , and glad that my original build spurred you on to surpass it !
I have no idea why I missed this thread whilst it was in the build up stage ...but Im glad Ive now read it .
By my reckoning thats now 4 fan built Dalek Tommy guns in the world ! Cool .

Thanks Catfoodrob, :thumbsup :) and may I say, without you posting your excellent pdf drawings of your Dalek Tommy gun over at Project Dalek, I could not have never made the Human Dalek Tommy Gun at all, the thanks must go to you for sharing your work with others. :thumbsup :thumbsup

I did make some changes, mainly some cosmetic and some so it would assemble differently, but mostly it is very much to your pdf dimensions.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back