The Walking Dead Birthday Cake - Characters sculpted in sugar

Maelina

Hi everyone,

Every year for my husband's birthday (Gorgot3000 on this forum, the Dark Helmet dude lol), I make him a special cake. And this year I decided to bring the challenge up a notch (yeah right)! I wanted to make everything out of sugar and cake, everything edible. So all I used was Cake, Sugar paste, fondant and food coloring.

I must say that I am no cake artist, it's the third cake I do with fondant and gumpaste. I have a bit of sculpting background and I used to be a florist. and to tell you the truth, gumpaste scupture is everything but easy!

I wanted to make a whole action scene with zombies and everything... with 2 weeks and a whole lot of stress, I came up with this... Im pretty proud of it :D

I am sure, that walking dead fans will enjoy this as much as my husband!

Enough talking... pictures worth a thousand words!

The big scenery
7430166622_407a5ce290_c.jpg

Rick Grimes
7430132852_0ef5514a2d_c.jpg

Daryl
7430152714_d5ab10aed4_c.jpg

Carl
7430154608_8a23b3dbdc_b.jpg

Zoooommmbiiiess!
7430116312_6f413de58f_c.jpg

And the happy husband:
7430139478_a617754910_c.jpg

You can see the whole gallery here:

FLICKR

or here:

Facebook

Last edited:
Re: The Walking Dead Birthday Cake

Love it, trying to get misses to make a chestburster Cake for my birthday next week!

That is very very cool... and you can tell who is who, which is amazing! :confused

Haha! that's why she is looking the other way and I have put him on a pile of wrecked cars ;)

Well, we did ate parts of the Winnebago... and maybe dale that was seated in the driver' seat. oops.

But the sugar characters are going straight in our showroom.

That looks amazing!! That must have been so much fun to eat, I can just imagine everyone fighting over who gets to eat each figure. How fun is that? It really does look great.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back