Captain America: TFA & Peggy Carter Build-on-a-Budget

lightning_st0rm

Hello there ~

This is technically my first thread after joining some time ago... unfortunately school got in the way of producing anything too time consuming and of quality... :C

I am currently embarking on a Captain America: TFA build for my friend as well as a Peggy Carter costume for myself; we hope to finish in time for Halloween. We've learned if we do not have a deadline, not a lot gets done...

The proposed version is the outfit he wears in the raid on the Hydra Lab/ rescue mission as well as Peggy's field jacket/brown skirt combo.
captain-america-and-bucky.jpg

w33fq.jpg

So far we have the jacket (a lucky find at a thrift store... I don't even know how that worked out) and the helmet and goggles, which need some serious paint and modeling work...

This being said, I /am/ on a budget... Being in school for four years definitely has left my bank account lacking…
So that being said, I wont be sourcing out the most accurate items, but instead altering what I can find and afford to suit out needs, all the while trying not to break the bank.
Luckily, this is not my first costume build; I have been costuming since I was 16 and have learned how to do a lot with limited funds while trying to create convention worthy costumes while attending school out of town as well as affording food—which sometime took the back seat if a really something that worked perfectly came across my path ~ :p

I have decided to start with the helmet and goggles as they are the pieces I currently have in my possession and seem to be the easiest to alter without too much extreme re-modeling….
I’m taking a costume helmet, which seems to quite resemble the shape of Cap’s and painting it, as well as some costume goggles, which while not the most accurate, which will be altered to be as close as I can possibly get them…

104451y.jpg

Wish me luck I plan to start soon as I currently am looking for employment and the job market seems to be nil at the moment… so nothing but time on my hands as I wait for a bite on the many resumes I have handed out…
And anyone who has embarked on such a project before--any information you could provide, do's ... don't's... advice... Anything would be much appreciated ~ C:

Thank you and all the best ~ Lightning <3

Last edited:
Your helmet looks exceptionally clean.
The goggles are a good start.

Was your thrift store jacket Peggy's Ike Jacket or the Cap's leather?

For the Cap's web gear, if you have a strong enough sewing machine or tough hands, nylon straps can be found very cheap.

Hey there! Great start on the helmet and goggles!

The green jacket/brown skirt Peggy outfit is actually one of my next cosplay projects, I'll be sure to follow your progress! I found some patterns online, got my fabric... I just need to get the patterns in the mail to get started haha I've been wanting to make this outfit of Peggy for at least 2 years now, but never got around to it.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back