Narcissus Builders Club N Stuff.

jedimaster

Sr Member
Ok so got me a bunch of acrylic sheets and have been wanting to do the Narc from Alien for a while now. Just scored one of the terrible Aliens jobs, yeah i know they are different models with different angles etc but i want it for comparrison. The Alien Narc will be a complete scratch and if i can nail all the donors will be accurate to the studio model. I got pretty much all the available refs out there but to start with i could use some help with the interior. so far the obvious 8 rads stick out but i haven't really been looking through any kit scans so any help would be greatly appreciated.

narcissus_03.jpg

Last edited:
Re: NARCISSUS Part id help

Yeah got the stack of kits pix from Bowers site. but theres a whole bunch more and the interior for me is going to be a *****. Turret still on . i think Johnny is too scared of boredom measuring the panels and converting them.

Last edited:

Think i see some M16 motor carriage parts in there. Looks like some stock plastruct square and rectangle tubes for the underlying structures.
mike

You looking for ALL this Simon? If not let us know what you DO need bro.
I do see Tyrrell P34 1/20, Leichter 8rad and M16 stick out too.

lee

Thanks Guy's. i didn't have the Leichter. thanks for that. Martin Bowers pix as Martyn mentioned show a few of the kits that are used on this model. The Tyrell and 8 rad are used on the exterior. The scammel is also used so i'm going through some kits today.

narcissus-2.jpg

narcissus-4.jpg

narcissus_02-1.jpg

you are also gonna want a certain Airfix kit that was never repopped because of an accident with the moulds. AND its decals. Yes...THAT one...the one all the kit collectors want.

Fortunately I have moulds and scans. :)

yeah, that's in there too. Yeah mate am home. might go grab lunch somewhere in a bit.

LOL, if id have looked at the Bower pics, id not have had to access the brain too much, it hurts to do that these days LOL.

I see lots of Tyrrell and Leichter on the underside Simon/Martyn, cut Leichter chassis' and Tyrrell bodywork.

Never looked at this model much, seeing it naked like that, wow, theres more to life than StarWars afterall eh :lol.

lee

Exactly why I'm doing this one Lee. Had a Star Wars OD the last few years. Pretty sure the chassis on the back underside is the scammel Trailer. I've been meaning to pic up the H/craft too.

Tell me that's not an R2 foot at the front of the detail patch. Like the one in Richards K'tinga thread.

DERRRR it's R2. :p That's not the only Star Wars kit you gonna need either, LOL.

You are gonna need a lot of the staples. Two Centurions, two 1/12 Tyrells, the Scammell, a Revell Gemini, that Airfix Superfort and way more 232s than you think. A whole bunch of trucks and truck trailers, not the regular ones though.

I had the complete list from Martin, but I paid a pretty penny for it and it's embargoed. Still, I can't really stop you from having a gander at my Narcissus stash shelf next time you're over! I seem to recall he did publish it himself on his site at one point, anyway. I had a look just now in case it is still there, but couldn't find it.

In the meantime, drawings; should be a start. Crosscheck the dims yourself, don't take mine as gospel.

narcissus-part-id-help-narcissus-v0a.jpg-99599d1340546251

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back