Narcissus Builders Club N Stuff.

image.jpgimage.jpg

There's a little airbrushing here and there, but for the most part it's all hand done with model railway weathering powders. A medium gray, dark grey, and black. Takes FOREVER! but it works well. The front had three passes and the rear one, with some secondary work on the 'mechanical' parts. Most don't notice but in ALIEN the rear is completely white with no weathering as it was under the cover. I did that first, and then gave the whole thing another pass so it's more as seen in ALIENS. Just looks too clean without it.

There's a little airbrushing here and there, but for the most part it's all hand done with model railway weathering powders. A medium gray, dark grey, and black. Takes FOREVER! but it works well. The front had three passes and the rear one, with some secondary work on the 'mechanical' parts. Most don't notice but in ALIEN the rear is completely white with no weathering as it was under the cover. I did that first, and then gave the whole thing another pass so it's more as seen in ALIENS. Just looks too clean without it.

thanks for the info, i thought it was airbrush,

i also did not notice the rear was clean ,it makes sense now that you explained it.

thanks for the info, i thought it was airbrush,

i also did not notice the rear was clean ,it makes sense now that you explained it.

Some pics show quite a sharp demarcation down the middle of the "waist" bands. It looks a bit weird TBH!

Amazing Lee, very envious of this build, it would great in any home especially mine :)

- - - Updated - - -

Mite be in Austria this November for a show so would love to see it if your around?

Lee, Absolutely astounding! A thing of beauty and you've nailed all the intricacies of detailing and weathering. Looks fantastic!!
Any chance you'll have this at galactic con? Looking forward to seeing you there.

No chance at all :-D But it might to at FACTS in Belgium later this year (along with one more piece that's almost done)

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back