Narcissus Builders Club N Stuff.

A few of the parts around the windows. The use of the Scammell chassis is ingenious..... it took me years to figure that one out!

Keith

Attachments

• Cockpit_surround.jpg
    Cockpit_surround.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 226
And another possible for the underside... seats from the Airfix 15-CWT Truck (with a SAM-2 wheel hub on top of course).

Keith

Attachments

• Chevrolet_seat.jpg
    Chevrolet_seat.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 195
Yes please!

- - - Updated - - -

Funny enough I had a seat pegged for that too, just not that one. However the curve on one side is certainly a major clue that you're right.

And another possible for the underside... seats from the Airfix 15-CWT Truck (with a SAM-2 wheel hub on top of course).

Keith

Here you are, Lee, but I'm not sure how useful these will be; I had forgotten what a sad state R2 was in:

R2D2 ? un set su Flickr

I rescued him from eBay years ago and it's not my fault he never got back on his feet. Still, he had a distinct odor when I bought him that lead me to believe he had been used as a drug mule, and that's hard to live down.

I can also scan the instructions if that will help.

This is an epic final parts ID push going on here guys! :thumbsup

Stuff is getting done at my end too, at last. I should have some more pics later this week. :)

Hey all,
Just one last time before the decals are printed for use, could I ask if anyone can spot the decals (probably rubdown letraset type) that are on the underside.
These were added after the model was done and I'm 99% sure they are not from kits.
9722315839_aec3385164_b.jpg

OOOO! Now look at that! And it's a Letraset too. 1/48th?
And the six red stripes next to it are used too!

Last edited:
Yup... I just bought it. I'll send it over. The red letter columns on white may fit also. There's also this one for some red lettering and the previous for the black symbols.

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 196
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
Hey all,
Just one last time before the decals are printed for use, could I ask if anyone can spot the decals (probably rubdown letraset type) that are on the underside.
These were added after the model was done and I'm 99% sure they are not from kits.
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7326/9722315839_aec3385164_b.jpg

Oh my lord. Decaling this beast will be a bigger job than greeblifying it!

I have got more rubber happening, so far so good. Should have some results worth posting by Friday/Saturday.

Good news Martyn. Can we get some engines on for Wasmex? Also Lee. I can't see the whole sheet until it arrives but on the far left you can see the Red Circles that sit on the nose.

Yeh great to hear Martin. I'm ready to order up a set of Engines along with the two side pieces and the RCS thrusters whenever you are ready :)
Looking forward to it!

Yeh great to hear Martin. I'm ready to order up a set of Engines along with the two side pieces and the RCS thrusters whenever you are ready :)
Looking forward to it!

Simon - yes! Engines for WASMEX is my aim. I'm doing the more fiddly bits right now because they're basically harder. Having already done the lower engines, I know the upper ones won't be a problem.

Lee, no problem. What I'll be offering will be engine bodies, nozzles, the Tyrell shrouds and 223 parts for the front of the lower engines, the side thrusters and the side clamps, in whatever combination people want. These are basically just the bare parts, the bits to dress them up will be from Simon. I know you're all set for the styrene stuff anyway, right?

Might do a hatch too...we don't actually have that covered at the moment...

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back