Narcissus Builders Club N Stuff.

Re: NARCISSUS Part id help

Secret: sculpting is EASY. Just try it and surprise yourself mate. :)

Big stuff yeah....it's the tiny stuff that bugs me but thanks for Volunteering mate. Also just a note: the 27 kits Bower mentions on his website are just for the outside of the ship. Although some are used on the inside also you will need more for the cockpit.. More to come on that.

Martin made a small "interior section" for the visirers visible through the aft hatch window. Do we know if these interior details also was on the original model?

True, true, small stuff is harder. But IIRC that Ripley face sculpt on the original wasn't all that fantastic anyway, more a stand-in for viewing at a distance.

Anyone else notice the difference in the mid section in the pink? bottom pic final result. oh well a few less kit parts.

[IMG

Last edited:

Is it because the larger photo above could be the 'Alien' version and the smaller (bottom) photo the 'Aliens' version? Just guessing though.

Harry

Nah... Both Alien version. It's the same model just looks like they changed the detailing. Could be because of the umbilical clamp Martin Bower built. It had hydraulics built In so it may have been changed to suit that.

Yeah, that change looks like perhaps the look of the bottom detailing that Phil Rae did - after the top was detailed - was preferred, maybe? I like the panelled look better, mesself...

edit - meaning, I like the final look best.

Last edited:

Ok .... So I've had a few Pm's input Kitting this model. If I do the plan will be to provide a few options. One will be all the acrylic laser cut pieces of the main body. It will have the styrene panels pre cut on a sheet so you can just pop them out and stick em on and finally the resin kitparts bagged into their separate areas ie rear top starboard panel etc.

The second option wi be to provide the files and you get your own bits cut and I provide the resin parts. Much cheaper to ship but you'll have to source the cutting yourself.

Not sure at this stage but I will start an interest thread in the JY when the time comes.

Thanks.... Simon.

Sorry about the delay, i'll give you a call tomorrow Simon about this, been up to my eyes all week.

Let me know exactly what you need done. Are we sure Martyn's drawings are accurate?:p

ALso I can knock out a ripley head if you show me what ref pic and scale you want. I have a load of sculpey sitting here doing sweet F all:D

Last edited:

Sorry about the delay, i'll give you a call tomorrow Simon about this, been up to my eyes all week.

Let me know exactly what you need done. Are we sure Martyn's drawings are accurate?:p

ALso I can knock out a ripley head if you show me what ref pic and scale you want. I have a load of sculpey sitting here doing sweet F all:D

Cool. Mate. I'll chop the head off the Pilot tonight. Martyns put a lot of research in on the Narc so we'll go with these for now. I have a lot of kitparts layed out so we can Check his against those.

Some more ID's

Last edited:

Update for you narcissistic Narcissus lovin narcisists. Our very own and very talented Woodlake, has just sent me the first drawing for what will be the acrylic framing and panels. To be cut in 3mm acrylic. Enjoy.

[IM

Last edited:

Yeah, that looks great and you have my interest, Simon! That's exactly what I'm doing for the Falcon too. Good stuff.

Craig

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back