Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

Apollo

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just got back and this one rocked.

Hopefully I am not the only one who enjoyed it.

Let me know what you think

Thank goodness...a vampire movie that "rocks" instead this prententious bull$hit of late! I can't
wait to see it! :thumbsup

Last edited:
I got a quick question for the people who saw it, since I havent yet.

in the book it ends in 1963 during MLK's "I have a dream" speech. At the end its Abraham and Henry watching it together. You find out Henry turned him because "Some men are just too interesting to die" Is that how the movie ends? I heard its something similar but Lincoln is still dead, and its some random person in a bar.

Nope way different ending in the Movie, reminds me a little of Blade-2 in some aspects of it it is set in a bar though

Some of the scenes were way over the top for me but I loved it anyway.

It's a great pop-corn film

My favorite movie this year

No after credit scene. Ending is different than the book, but doesn't preclude the ending of the book.

Some characters from the book not included. Some characters not in the book added.
Serious deviation from history, which is in itself different than the book. Some extra sequences not in the book added.

That said, I enjoyed it.

I was surprised to find out the Author of the book did the screenplay.

I am going to read the book next month

Some characters from the book not included. Some characters not in the book added.
Serious deviation from history, which is in itself different than the book. Some extra sequences not in the book added.

That said, I enjoyed it.

As a fan of the book I thought the movie was an awful representation. There was no depth to Abe. All the tradegy in his life all the death that shaped him to the hunter that he is. Understandably they couldn't include everything but the stuff that added and 85% of the book they left out, they could have easily called it David Copperfield: Vampire Hunter. I would have enjoyed the film if they took the Abe character out and made the film a civil war era vampire film. Well they did the opposite and made a civil war era vampire film and plugged Abe in it. Extremely let down.

:lol Thats okay I will probably hate the book! :lol

As a fan of the book I thought the movie was an awful representation. There was no depth to Abe. All the tradegy in his life all the death that shaped him to the hunter that he is. Understandably they couldn't include everything but the stuff that added and 85% of the book they left out, they could have easily called it David Copperfield: Vampire Hunter. I would have enjoyed the film if they took the Abe character out and made the film a civil war era vampire film. Well they did the opposite and made a civil war era vampire film and plugged Abe in it. Extremely let down.

Hahahaha go figure :lol
:lol Thats okay I will probably hate the book! :lol

I would say if you read the book stay away. If you havent read to book, read the book :lol. I know it sounds cliche but honestly the book was way better.

Saw it today and liked it. Wasn't great, but thought it was ok. Definitely worth the $10 for 3D, though some scenes had really bad CGI.

One weird thing happened before the film, though and I'm not sure if it was some kind of viral ad campaign or what. What seemed like one of those PSAs to turn your cell off started, but then was interrupted by footage of a guy taking over the projectionist booth. He had the real projectionist tied up and then put up a sign with his phone number which was a 972 area code. Then all of a sudden that got cut off as well. Very weird. Not sure what that was about especially since 972 is a TX area code and I'm in CA. Anyone else see that?

Read the book and enjoyed the movie. It most certainly failed to represent the depth of character in the book and I wasn't crazy about the added characters. Still loved the look of the film and enjoyed the action. Agree worth the 3D dollars. I think the book really deserves a miniseries or even a spoof 3 hour History channel documentary to do it justice.

I think if you have read the book, you will like it less than if you had not but I doubt you'd hate it. I was personally hoping for a less mainstream adaptation but still overall fun. The book really overcame the ridiculousness of the concept with a shrewd mixture of subtlety and panache. The film simply doesn't attempt to but doesn't achieve wild cult status (ala Bubba Hotep) either. It's a lot more Wild Wild West in my mind ( the film). Still the visuals were pretty darn cool.

Doc

I saw it Friday night. It wasn't too bad, I enjoyed it. There were some cool visuals and I really liked how they used the 3D and the glasses to make the vampires eyes go all crazy. Definitely some cool visuals in it.

One of my gripes was pretty much Mary Elizabeth Winstead being engaged to Steve the Pirate and literally 5 minutes later her and Abe are madly in love and that's it? Steve the pirate just shrugs his shoulders and walks away? So stupid

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back