DARTH VADER costume displays (ANH, ESB, ROTJ)

GINO

Sr Member
Here are some pics of my completed Darth Vader costume displays.

DARTH VADER ANH

anhvader_final_1.JPG

anhvader_final_2.JPG

anhvader_final_3.JPG

anhvader_final_4.JPG

anhvader_final_5.JPG

anhvader_final_7.JPG

thumb14.jpg

aged_1.jpg

anhdv_4.JPG

I actually think I like ANH a little better in regards to the helmet. The way the helmet goes over the eyes in the first version makes it seem a bit more sinister to me. Otherwise, I like the ESB outfit.

Truly outstanding work.

Thanks steeler.
Some days I like the ESB the best, and some days I like the ROTJ the best.
I would hate to have to choose.

So which version do you like the best and why?

Wonderful! I hope you like ANH Vader too on some days! As things come together for me (and I should decide soon), it looks like I'll be putting together a ANH Vader costume starting next month!

Great pictures too btw!

Thanks steeler.
Some days I like the ESB the best, and some days I like the ROTJ the best.
I would hate to have to choose.

So which version do you like the best and why?

Mind if I also ask which of the three was the easier build? Not in terms of cost per say - but really easy access to accurate materials, specifically armor.

While viewing the 8th wonder of the world, i honestly i cannot choose my favorite.
I have literally been sittin here for about an hour scrolling up and down, up and down trying choose. So i've decided not to choose. I like each masterful recreation for different reasons. Gino i've said before and i'll say it again well done brother.... well done.

Thanks Goldenrod, Clay, and darthmac!!!

@darthmac - The chest box lights on the original ANH were not painted. They were injection molded in colored green and red translucent resins. The chest box lights on my display are the same found partsused on the original.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back