50's Greaser Batman Concept

I have indeed, currently at 144 lbs, Im working out like made though to put some bulk on my upper body, a skinny greaser batman might look akward. so i figure gain 10 lbs in muscle and Ill be golden.

looking at my before and after pics are scary

Before
13837_235585160560_1776625_n.jpg

NOW
540511_10151149317785561_1031625656_n.jpg

I like the leather. It classes up the joint.

So, have you kept that 50 pounds off?

I think Ill hit up my local tandy then and get a belt blank, to start working on. color wise, im thinking a very warn distressed light brown, nothing to dark.

I have indeed, currently at 144 lbs, Im working out like made though to put some bulk on my upper body, a skinny greaser batman might look akward. so i figure gain 10 lbs in muscle and Ill be golden.

looking at my before and after pics are scary

Before
13837_235585160560_1776625_n.jpg

NOW
540511_10151149317785561_1031625656_n.jpg

Can I borrow some of your exercise ethic so i can get in gear to work out?:lol
I like this idea for Batman and I'm amazed nobody every covered it considering we've had Gotham By Gaslight.

Yeah Im surprised it hasn't popped up in more WIP's. :) maybe once Im done it will inspire other interpretations
Im really excited to premiere this at dragon con this year.

Im really digging those jackets!!! I say the bottom black wide flap is your best bet, especially to show case the logo on the shirt.
What website did you pull those jackets from? I think I may get one myself.

If you're doing 50s style, the top Jacket is your best bet. The bottom one looks too modern Japanese punk. If you wear it open, you'll see your shirt enough.

With the jeans, the 501s haven't really changed since the 50s, so go with those. You need that higher waistline for the 50s. The classic fit Lucky's are great for period jeans as well.

Im really digging those jackets!!! I say the bottom black wide flap is your best bet, especially to show case the logo on the shirt.
What website did you pull those jackets from? I think I may get one myself.
found it on ebay while doing a broad search for leather biker jackets :lol
they are slim style so look careful at the measurements to find one that will work for you

on another note
Other goggles got in and im diggin them big time, reminds me alot of a watchmen movie style
7469793102_fd1956e92a_z.jpg

Throw some metal paint scheme on the black plastic and It will look real close to the design

If you're doing 50s style, the top Jacket is your best bet. The bottom one looks too modern Japanese punk. If you wear it open, you'll see your shirt enough.

With the jeans, the 501s haven't really changed since the 50s, so go with those. You need that higher waistline for the 50s. The classic fit Lucky's are great for period jeans as well.

yeah i think im going to look for some more coat options and begin working on the belt in the mean time

Motorcycle boots are a big part of this concept too.

What are you thinking there?

My $.02..

Marlon Brando engineer boots..

93810613-260x260-0-0_Frye+Frye+Men+s+Brando+Engineer+Boot+Black+87240BL.jpg

with some sort of modified 1950's baseball catcher's shin guards...

lf

Im actually thinking away from that style, in the sketch theres what looks to be laces on the boots which leads me to believe they are era combat boots

vintage-combat-jump-boots-DSC_0031.jpg

If I were to do riding boots,I have black harley long riding boots in my closet I can employ,

Harley-Davidson-Mens-Iroquois-Skull-Harness-Boot.jpg

With the cowl do you guys think I should simulate the leather or make it more smooth like a traditional cowl is?

Motorcycle boots are a big part of this concept too.

What are you thinking there?

My $.02..

Marlon Brando engineer boots..

93810613-260x260-0-0_Frye+Frye+Men+s+Brando+Engineer+Boot+Black+87240BL.jpg

with some sort of modified 1950's baseball catcher's shin guards...

lf

I kind of like that rough texture the cowl has now. Never saw that before.

It is looking kinda like an Owlman mask around the nose.

If I were to do riding boots,I have black harley long riding boots in my closet I can employ,

Harley-Davidson-Mens-Iroquois-Skull-Harness-Boot.jpg

With the cowl do you guys think I should simulate the leather or make it more smooth like a traditional cowl is?
I think the riding boots would work best, as the drawing shows them coming just below the knee

Simulated leather, DEFINITELY.

This is going to be stellar. I've liked that drawing since I first saw it, and your clothing choices are sweet. It's so funny to see cosplay of fan art. I want that jacket now too, (the first one.)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back