50's Greaser Batman Concept

I can't imagine it's much of a jacket for $35.
well the wilsons is ebay used, wilsons is a solid brand so I trust the coat.

new pics of sonofapumpkins sculpt, Ive asked him to remove the middle split line because although it looks good on the sketch without it the cowl looks way better

7556780212_454395c4d6.jpg

7556783490_6d7a320b24.jpg

Leather texture will still be applied after smoothing and finalizing of sculpt

ill be trying my hand at doing up a prop pack of lucky strike for ref pic

$T2eC16h,!zUE9s39!eUFBP+su,jjgw~~60_12.JPG

which was mention earlier in the thread. I think this is a great idea, I also placed an order for a bat zippo :)

Great build so far. Can't wait to see it finished.
And definitely the 1st jacket for this.
Just for personal wear, I kinda dig the last jacket. Who is that made by and how much was it?

well the wilsons is ebay used, wilsons is a solid brand so I trust the coat.

new pics of sonofapumpkins sculpt, Ive asked him to remove the middle split line because although it looks good on the sketch without it the cowl looks way better

7556780212_454395c4d6.jpg
What about having a simple stitch line sculpted in instead of a lumpy fold?

Ended up getting ahold a jacket from my bro to try its a 36R and it fits good, ill compare it to the wilsons when it ships heres a teaser of the upper half compiled so far
7580687786_e95a4264fc.jpg

so I got my veg tan, belt blank cut, clasps attached, dyed, fins cut, wet molded, and now are resting till I can dye them black. Ill still have to figure out how Im going to attach them properly to the coat with out destroying it lol. the onely way in the above pic coat would basically cause me to De-stitch right on some piping that runs along the back side of the sleeve. hopefully i can get retroactive and figure it out. I have an idea in my head of molding the tan to notch under the leather so I can create slits in the sleeves and slide them through the inside and fasten a few blunt wax stitches but Id have to do molding first before I seal it with dye and finish.

also picked up some mink oil to help break in the current coat until the other one arrives, I lightly wet the coat a few times and kept it in a very cool place all the while checking and manipulating parts of it until it dried. Then I rubbed in some mink oil, especially in the stiff parts. the coat sits way better then the previous pic.

Saw the concept drawing a while back, and I am digging this costume so far!
You're doing a great job, and the cowl is looking great.
Will definitely be watching this one

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back