My foam Mjolnir (1st prop build) - not screen accurate

Han Polo

Hi all,

I'm new to the RPF and just wanted to share a little bit about some of my projects. My first project was in April, I made a craft foam Mjolnir to take with me to the Avengers premier. I used the Scanner Joe pdo file as a template. I used 6mm Foamies for the build.

The hardest part was the handle. I don't know why I didn't just go to sleep and then buy some pvc pipe at Home Depot the next day when they opened, but I spent hours making the handle from foam. I didn't know how to relief cut the back to make it form the shape I wanted, so I was trying to heat form the foam into a 1.25" diameter tube, it was a mess. In the end I just wrapped it in duct tape to hide the ugliness, then glued 2mm foamies over it to hide the duct tape.

The finish is 3 coats of Plasti-dip, 2 coats of filler primer, and 2 coats of color. I realized after the 2nd coat that the silver had too much metal flake in it, but by then I was ready to move on to my next project (my Captain America shield).

Thanks for reading, happy to be a member of such a cool and creative community!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back