EyeofSauron's Pep Files - Iron man(non-movie armors), Power Rangers, Lich King, etc..

Re: EyeofSauron's Pep Files - Iron man(non-movie armors), Power Rangers, Red Hood, et

I have had a go at the Mark 42 helmet.... Not a great pic
but....

mark42.jpg

Scaled to 110% to fit my coconut... used 1/2" thick
camping pad for the build.....

Cujo

Re: EyeofSauron's Pep Files - Iron man(non-movie armors), Power Rangers, Red Hood, et

These files are amazing! But just an fyi, it seems the Hulkbuster chest file isn't working.

Nevermind! I figured it out :)

It was saving as a crdownload file, but I just changed the end to ".pdo" and it opened perfect!

as everyone was talking about power rangers there for a few... does anyone know where i can find the weapons pepakura?

*Claps like a giddy girl* Oh, happy day! haha
Though personally if I were to suggest distorting anything, I'd say use the Mk IV or VI, since it's more "up to date" Stark tech. Not exactly the original design, but hey, always looking to improve on old tech.

Just saw this pic now seems the back of that hulkbuster is similar to comic extremis maybe a mergerd file of MKIII for the chest legs and arms and the Extremis for the back

im loving the ultimate armour chest and helmet almost finished. thanks for the great files keep up the good work

With The Extremis helmet the eyes are alot smaller than the other IM armours I been drooling. Has anyone attempted to use some kind of gold tint mirror film for the hemet or is there a way to see out of the helmet with the eyes lighted? I was thinking of casting the faceplate in a thin clear resin to bypass the small eyes.

With The Extremis helmet the eyes are alot smaller than the other IM armours I been drooling. Has anyone attempted to use some kind of gold tint mirror film for the hemet or is there a way to see out of the helmet with the eyes lighted? I was thinking of casting the faceplate in a thin clear resin to bypass the small eyes.

That is an interesting idea. I have seen those daft punk helmets where one of them has a very large visor on the front. A mold was made and then some clear plastic was vacformed over the mold. The inside of the clear plastic was then sprayed with VHT nightshade tail light lens black out. You could not see in through the visor but it still gave very good vision out. I also saw some reflective red tint that was used on some NCR Vet Ranger masks that looks kind of metallic. I wonder if there is some kind of golden nightshades, lol. Whatever would be used would have to be applied to the outside and then maybe clear coated.

Thanks Darkside501st. I came across this gold tint thing when I came across some of Hasegawa gold/silver mirror film for some of my 40k vehicles. So I thought why not scale it up. I found quite a few dealers on ebay selling gold mirror vinyl film for cars. I got me a sample to test out and was very impressed by the mirror chrome effect it had instead of the foggy chrome mirror paint by krylon or paints claiming to be mirror finish. Oh the gold tint I got me a sample roll of a one way mirror tint for home use. Currently I am testing to see if I can curve it like the car vinyl gold mirror finish, and still retain that mirror finish instead of the foggy effect when you stretch clear plastic to far. if things go well for the test sample, then Extremis or the Mk.7 mirror chrome finish project will start.

You might also want to look into Hydrodipping... not sure if it requires a special type of film but I heard it is great for compound curves and such. If you can't use the window tint then maybe they might have a substitute.

Amazing work on these peps man, i'm sure i speak for us all when i say they (and you) are very much appreciated...I think i'm going to have a go at the Red Hood one. If anyone has built it already, what is the scaling like?

Yeah I built the helmet as it is here, vision isnt great but if you're clever you can tilt the eyes backward creating a larger gap while still making it seem like the eyes are filling out the full helmet.

This is an amazing body of work you have put out

I feel like I'm late to the party! I would be interested if the bleeding edge armor was made for pep files, I've been looking for it everywhere.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back