SEC USCSS Prometheus

Cadena

Ive watched prometheus, and wont give my opinion good or bad bcus i dont want a debate. But i do like the ship design and was looking to do some of the room and maybe hangar from the ship. Bht i was wondering what kind of material they used to build the walls and structures. Cant be all drywall and metal. Any thoughts....?

Image84.jpg

Image130.jpg

Image63.jpg

Image45.jpg

Image103.jpg

I think the best answer is...Everything and anything. LIke most things in Hollywood, movies all have a budget. If drywall and metal work they will use those. Most sets are only built to survive the rigors of shooting, and are discarded afterwards. Hallways, especially on starships often are built on wheels so that they can repositon them and joing them to other sets to give the impression of a different hallway and thusly this gives the impression of a much larger ship. Like kitbashing, set builders usually scour department and hardware stores for odd looking items to use for detailing.

TazMan2000

Lots and lots of sealed and painted plywood, plaster, styrofoam, ABS, and good old fashion sheetrock...

As was stated before it just has to look good for a little while, and nowadays anything really elaborate they often do in CGI... probably one of the best uses for CGI IMO.

Jedi Dade

Always amazes me on set when I 'look behind' and most of the time it's plywood. The set decorators can work wonders with plaster and paint.

eh up buddy did you get that link? if not its because im ****e on computers,ardon my french!if you go on SFM:uk,then go onto gallery, then on users gallery and finally onto A.P.s prometheus engines....it`s mint mym8:love

They seemed to like using a lot of vinyls too. Some areas use those 2-toned materials, very much like the sommers material used for making the BSG suits, But like everyone said above, you'd be amazed what you can make something look like with foam, wood, paint etc.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back