Imperial Star Destroyer Avenger Pictures

SDIronclaw

Ok, new request since there are no Star Destroyer Blueprints in cirrculation..to my knowledge anyway. Can anyone send or tell me were I can find a pictures of a movie cannon (accurate) of the Class II ISD Avenger. I am requesting top, bottom, front, back, left and right side pictures. The pictures have to be all the same size to ensure the same scale is retained when I measure the dimensions. The pictures would have to be flush and not canted. Please let me know what you have or can send me. This may be a shot in the dark, but I appreciate any assistance. Thank you. :confused

Jacob

Email: toptankc11@yaho.com

Last edited:
ISD.jpg

Will these do?
I can email you 1920x1080 versions. I can render each view bigger, just re-arrange them in an imaging app or something. Lemme know.

Cloudster has pretty good shots of the port side turbolaser batteries. There are a few other shots out there that don't generally circulate publicly, but Cloudster is just about the best public source I can think of for the 8' ISD.

Incidentally,the CG image above appears to be Fractalsponge's ISD model, which he released publicly several years back. It's a fantastic model, and the guns are pretty well film-accurate.

The model is gorgeous, no doubt (and a BEAR to work with for animation when it was released!), but I think it's closer to the EGtV drawings than the 8' Avenger. So weird that for such a photographed model, with such strong, clear lines, that it's never really been nailed in any format at all.

I think the sheer amount of detail is the limiting factor. I won't even attempt to model this in 3D with 100% accuracy in mind. This particular model IMO is the best out there so far. Close up shots would be better off using miniatures. So our craft won't be dying off any time soon. :)

Nah, that's not my model. Mine has modeled panels, and has the proper profile angle for the neck of the bridge tower. The EGVW drawing uses a much steeper angle, along with some other proportional inaccuracies. Imperator-class Star Destroyer

Version 2 of the model I've kept private and unreleased, and fixes many of the proportional issues present in the released V1 mesh. Other, still extant, differences are that my model uses the Devastator hull lines in plan, not the 8' Avenger's, and of course many of the details are often interpretations rather than to-the-greeble accurate to the studio model. It's not really a studio model replica, but it's decent enough to fool some.

To my knowledge, there isn't a film-accurate complete ISD, either of the Avenger or Devastator. In any event, Physical models interpreted in 3d tend to need *more* detail to look good, not less.

To my knowledge, there isn't a film-accurate complete ISD, either of the Avenger or Devastator.

Nor to mine.

There is, however, a film-accurate (or at least intended to be) ISD that's roughly 65% complete. Hell, it may even be closer to that, given the repetition in greeble usage.

Once I have my system fortified, I'm going to finish that SOB.

I am just now coming back to this thread. Wow, I wish I had these pictures when I was building my Avenger. Thanks for sharing all, I appreciate it. Fractalsponge, just some superb work!!!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back