Firefly Serenity ship scratch-build finished pg. 4

Ziga

Hey guys,

here's a Serenity model I'm building. The base is a pepakura model from Tanks & Trolls and the details are mostly paper and some wood and plastic. The model is about 80 cm long and 50 wide.
This was my first pepakura build and it's a big one (~67 A4 cardstock sheets). It's also my first scratch-built model.

Paper model:
serenity_pepakura_base_by_risziga-d53oni4.jpg

And the model at this point:
serenity_model_1_by_risziga-d53onsp.jpg

serenity_model_2_by_risziga-d53onvu.jpg

serenity_model_3_by_risziga-d53oo23.jpg

serenity_model_4_by_risziga-d53oo4m.jpg

I still need to do the nose antennas and details on shuttles but it's nearly finished.

It may take some time until I get to painting it 'tho. I have very little experience in painting models and I'm scared I'll ruin the model so it may be a good idea to do some practice first.

Last edited:
Re: Firefly Serenity ship scratch-build WIP

Great pep build serenity there is one of my favorite ships. Actually have this not as nearly well done of course sitting half complete on a shelf. Course looking at yours makes me just want to toss it and start anew yours is looking so sharp.

Holly crap that’s good and a coincidence i just watched a episode of castle and it has the captain and Jane was in it.

If you had painted it with resin before starting the details it would have been a little harder, and you would be able to use bondo on it.

man i love it, do you have the files by any chance. i love fire fly and wqould love to use pepakura to make me one

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back