X-WING MODEL KIT SCALES?

Keith

Sr Member
What scales are the AMT/ERTL/MPC model kits?

I know there is a 1/42 scale 12" long version, but i was wondering if there are any larger scale versions other than the electronic version.

Here is a link to one that is listed as 1/25 scale. Is this correct? I thought this kit was just the 12" long 1/42 scale kit in a large box.:
http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/amt/amt38269.htm

Thanks,

Keith.

That picture is the small snap together kit.

There was a 1/42-ish glue kit & the electronic proshop version which was larger, and the small snap together kit. Those were the Ertl kits

Fine Molds came out with a 1/72 scale x-wing

Estes had three different scales of x-wing rockets one comparable in size to the Ertl Snap kit, one comparible to the 12" ertl glue kit, and the Maxi Brute which was as large or close in size (not detail) to the studio filming models.

Here is a list of the SW kits scales.
http://www.starshipmodeler.com/starwars/swars_scales.cfm

The picture on the box in the link i posted is the large glue kit. The snap kit is the same picture, but it says "snap fast model kit" in the bottom right corner of the picture.

Is there not a none electronic version of the 1/35 scale kit out?

The kit i posted the link to is often on ebay, but they are always listed as "large" and the box size is over 19" long. They are also more expensive than the 1/42 scale kit.
I don't know if its just the 1/42 scale kit in an oversized box, or if its a larger scale model?

Keith.

"Here is a link to one that is listed as 1/25 scale. Is this correct? I thought this kit was just the 12" long 1/42 scale kit in a large box.:"

The CC SS X-wing kit is supposed to be 1/24 scale, this kit is much smaller, so I doubt it is 1/25.

I have read in many magizines and books that the mid size MPC is supposed to be 1/48, the smaller scale X-wing is 1/72.

I'm not sure on the electronic version, but I have read it is supposed to be 25% larger then the mid size ship.

Lynn

Originally posted by Keith@Oct 29 2005, 06:33 PM
The picture on the box in the link i posted is the large glue kit. The snap kit is the same picture, but it says "snap fast model kit" in the bottom right corner of the picture.

It's a picture of the small snap kit. It's easily determined by the the squareness of how the laser cannons are molded to the wings. They may be using the wrong picture for the glue kit, but I will tell you it is positively the snap in the picture. There is no 1:25 Ertl X-Wing kit out there. The closest is the Proshop Electronic version.

I've got most of the X-wing kits on my site: http://www.starwarsmodels.com/models.html if you want to see the visual differences between each kit. Some are built and painted better than others. The only ones I don't have are rockets 12Rogues mentioned. I hear the MaxiBrute can be turned into something really nice due to the size. :thumbsup

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back