At Last. A Truly Accurate First Blood Knife!

Got another parcel in the post today. Another gem from Andy Wood. He was waiting on a shipment of Arkansas stones when my knife was finished, so he posted one on when they arrived from the States yesterday.

Yet again, no corners in quality or expense have been cut here. The perfectly cut stone is a laminate of two high quality grits sourced from the very same place Jimmy Lile got his from. The grit on both sides is fine, but the white side is even finer and has the smooth texture you get from the ceramic stones we are used to now. It tops the whole package off perfectly.

P1010178.jpg

P1010179.jpg

P1010180.jpg

So never had seen the compass before, is that also the correct type used in the originals? Wished som eone had a few tributes as well as the United Cutlery one and kind of lay them all together in a group shot. Your knife looks amazing...and you're absoutley right...the guard and knife fitting are as if they were poured into one piece...that's craftsmanship. :thumbsup

So never had seen the compass before, is that also the correct type used in the originals? Wished som eone had a few tributes as well as the United Cutlery one and kind of lay them all together in a group shot. Your knife looks amazing...and you're absoutley right...the guard and knife fitting are as if they were poured into one piece...that's craftsmanship. :thumbsup

The compass isn't the same as the one Jimmy Lile used. They haven't been available for many years now. Andy said he will be making his own copy of that too in the very near future. The compass he does use however is arguably better than the original and is use by the SBS and SAS in their E&E and survival kit. It's quite an expensive little compass and made by Pyser SGI who make some of the best dry compasses for the military (NATO Stock Number 6605 99 522 0223) and civvy market alike. Its features are: All brass and glass construction, North and south seeking luminous points and Niva tipped brass pivot

Pyser SGI - Product Detail

They average around £30 new. So you can see that even this part has been sourced by Andy Wood to give the best quaility, reliability and performance available.

P1010170.jpg

Last edited:
Ohh Yeah!! Ooh Yeah!!! Just finally bought my first ever handmade First Blood knife!! And the guy mailed it out today and it will be here in about 4 or 5 days!! Ohh yeah!! Dream come true!!

Looks just like the one in the First Blood movie except the grind lines by the raker teeth at the top of the blade, is just a tad narrower than the one here which Andy made and which is in the movie. But other than that, it looks Identical! And I already have a handmade First Blood Sheath which was made by Savage Sheaths. However, I'd like to have a sheath for my new knife that has the round EZE Lap sharpener pouch on it. But beggars caoot be choosey, and that will come in time. I've followed Andy Wood throughout the interney and have seen his documented video on the First Blood fiming locations.

And Andy Wood really nailed this knife which truly stands for Great American Military Pride! Great job, Andy! My next goal is to get a Rambo Mission knife made by either Black Starr Knives or Andy Wood.

When my handmade FB knife gets here, I will definitely take many pics of it and the Savage Sheath, and will be posting them! Ohh Yeah!!

You gys make me feel bad - I picked up the UC version for Christmas.

for my purposes, its fine, except the silly signatures. Also, the ring aboe the pommel is not installed correctly; its off-kilter.

Yep Jonathan is right, the compass was the type they used in the parachute survival kits back in vietnam going all the way to 85 I think. Some of the compasses however, look the same, but are a tad larger, so they wont fit in the butt cap.

I'll post pics soon of the Lile stamped movie accurate FB knife I got from Andy when they first came out. He's a great guy who definitely not only knows his stuff, but can apply it to a practicle application too.

This is how the compass should look like roughly. This is the one off my Matton First Blood knife, I will in due course take pics of my Lile stamped Andy Wood First Blood knife. :)

compq.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back