Captain America Avengers Costume

codyy

Hey guys, I'm new to the forums, literally registered about an hour ago. I'm going to nycc for the 3rd year in a row. CHYEAAH! But anyways last year i did a simple deadpool cosplay and this year i'm looking to give myself a more detailed go at it.

So i have always been a big fan of the captain america comics and i loved what they did with the costume in the Avengers. I wasn't a huge fan of The First Avengers costume simply because of its bulkiness. But anyways to get to the point i want to get a costume for the avengers capt. now I've been doing my research on here and see that quite a few of you guys like to use bases to start.

well here's the base i'm looking at The Avengers Captain America Elite Adult Costume - Costumes, 802634

i do feel like its a little pricey for the base, but we only live once according to everyone's statuses on Facebook.

Now the thing i don't like is that the gauntlet and the boot covers are built onto the suit. So my plan is too remove those and buy the actual gauntlets and boots. Just wanted to get everyone's opinion on my idea and any other options down this costume route or advice is greatly appreciated. Also, where can i get a kick ass shield for a decent price. Again thanks.

yeah i actually just saw that. i was just looking one here and saw someone did an awesome capt build. one of the best costumes ive ever seen

Good luck with this costume mate, I'm currently working on the same cosplay myself, so I look forward to seeing your progress :)

I too am tackling this suit and cant get a break on the fabric... although I just ordered some swatches from an online fabric store hopefully they will come through.

i'm trying the same cosplay too; i just talked to a factory near to my home; they seems to have interesting clothes i'll see them today. i'll tell you what i find..

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back