Clear coat

Drago Lordist

I just bought some Plaid® decorative crafts - clear acrylic sealer to keep my paint from chipping or rubbing off of a MMPR morpher. Is there anyone that has used it yet that can give me any suggestions on how to spray it on? (thin layer, thick layer, distance, up close, etc)

thanks in advance

I'm not familiar with that particular product, but generally speaking several thin layers works better than a few thick ones.

<div class='quotetop'>(RedTwoX @ Oct 27 2006, 02:56 PM) [snapback]1346123[/snapback]</div>
I'm not familiar with that particular product, but generally speaking several thin layers works better than a few thick ones.
[/b]

In general I would agree, but for many clear coats a heavier (NOT HEAVY) "WET" coat gets a better finish and is prefered...

It's a fine line between getting a good "wet" coat or getting drips and puddles... Actually a VERY fine line...

You can start with several thin layers but if you are not getting the final finish you want (high gloss) then you might have to walk the fine line and aim for a "wet" coat... And before doing that I highly suggest you practice with a similar shaped item and the same paint, unless you are into wet sanding the runs :)

My suggestion is to read the label on the can and follow it :) I would hope they know best...

A few good coats ARE better than one THICK one. Just layer them on after letting it dry throughly.

If you want a REALLY wet look, use Automotive clearcoat. But youhave to make sure the paints youalready used are compatible. If not, your in for a disapointment. I used Plaid amny years ago, and it turned out fine. I beleive I used a flat finish, and the results were awsome.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back