Alien: Covenant (Prometheus Sequel)

I'm going into this the same way I did with Prometheus as a sort of reboot of the franchise that doesn't need to connect to A L I E N. It's a lot more fun that way.

I think these new movies would have been more interesting and successful if there was no attempt to connect with Alien and they were given room to find their own identity. As it is they make for awkward prequels and defang the original movie (if viewed as canon).

The recent David spoiler has me rolling my eyes - but if taken outside the original Alien movie I find it thought provoking, and deserving of it's own movie universe.

This is just not at all what I was hoping for as a sequel to Prometheus. Finding ANOTHER crashed ship (or even the same one) and watching people walk around it AGAIN and get killed by STUFF. I expected to see the paradise world of the Engineers and something different, not just another empty planet with a crashed ship.

This is just not at all what I was hoping for as a sequel to Prometheus. Finding ANOTHER crashed ship (or even the same one) and watching people walk around it AGAIN and get killed by STUFF. I expected to see the paradise world of the Engineers and something different, not just another empty planet with a crashed ship.
For what it's worth (supposition here):

I think that's the ship they left with at the end of the last film, in which case it probably landed normally instead of crashing. Just sayin'...

That said, Engineer ships do seem to have a hard time staying in the air.

I'm going to throw my 2 cents in here... :)
My guess is that this new Paradise planet is in fact LV426, and that the ship in the forest is the one that left with David's head in Prometheus.
I think that David tinkering around with the black goo and different life forms ends up creating an Alien or different kinds of Aliens that essentially turn that planet into the wasteland we've come to know LV426 in the earlier movies....and that same ship is what we've come to know as the Derelict ship in Alien.
Sure, my theory has some holes in it...somehow there has to be an Engineer in the Pilot's chair for all that to tie in but you see where I'm going with this all.

Again, just my thoughts on what's going on. No idea if I'm right or wrong...just feels to me like where this is going.

David

Last edited:
Like your idea Davidyr1:) The black goo destroyed everything and what's left is the Derelict with the eggs in statis, ready to jump on the first face available;)

cat1.jpg

Ok, wait a minute.

You mean to tell me that there was another ship that had these canisters of black goo ready to go and the Engineer from Prometheus didn't take it? You'd think the reason he went after Shaw was because she ruined his attempt to destroy Humanity.

And the Xenomorphs... David created them. I bet that's the twist of the movie. They're a product of David's research on that planet. Why are we still calling this the 'alien' franchise when there is nothing remotely alien going on? It's not alien if we are responsible for it.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back