Alien: Covenant (Prometheus Sequel)

If they're doing another Ripley leave it for an Isolation sequel game with Amanda continuing on. Having grandma Ripley involved in all this seems a bit far fetched, now if she just happened to be working as a background character they mention and never runs into the aliens that's different. It would make sense that maybe she had a space job and those run in the family.

If they're doing another Ripley leave it for an Isolation sequel game with Amanda continuing on. Having grandma Ripley involved in all this seems a bit far fetched, now if she just happened to be working as a background character they mention and never runs into the aliens that's different. It would make sense that maybe she had a space job and those run in the family.

I agree. Two Ripleys involved with aliens are enough.

Actually, David infected the boyfriend and the boyfriend impregnated her with an alien. Just wanted to clear that up.

But, for what I've heard of the story, one of the characters in the upcoming film is suppose to be Ellen Ripley's mother. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a nice nod to the original film, but I don't like that idea. I mean, we've already got the "like mother, like daughter" story with Alien: Isolation. I mean, I get that Ripley had to deal with the alien due to the circumstances presented in the first film. And I get that Amanda Ripley would get into similar circumstances due to looking for her mother. But having Grandma Ripley getting involved with a situation with the xenomorph? That's just a level of unbelievability I can't take. Three generations of Ripleys having to have dealt with xenomorphs? I mean, what'd be the odds of that?

Of course, that's just me.

You are not alone ;)

I think Shaw should still be infected, and by the time the other humans show up, she's completely transformed into the queen alien.

Interesting thought and story arch. I just don't know how I'd buy that. I'm glad she's back, but I didn't care for Ripley being part Alien. I don't think I'd care for Shaw transforming either. Even in the world of Sci-fi horror I have a hard time buying into it. We shall see. Might surprise me.

Obviously they have never heard the saying "if it ain't broken...." :facepalm

http://www.scified.com/news/new-alien-covenant-xenomorph-head-design-revealed

I like it.

But then i liked the Dog Alien, too... so maybe that's why.

But seriously this head design is not at all a radical departure of any sort... it is completely in keeping with what we've seen of Xenos so far. When you look at it, you totally recognize it as what it's supposed to be.

Looks a damned sight better than the Deacon did. :lol

Yeah that pic is the head of the 1/9 model kit.

$_1.jpg

$(KGrHqN,!g8E-6Devm-gBP9Mp60Dog--60_1.jpg

So it's essentially fake? :thumbsdown

I like it.

But then i liked the Dog Alien, too... so maybe that's why.

But seriously this head design is not at all a radical departure of any sort... it is completely in keeping with what we've seen of Xenos so far. When you look at it, you totally recognize it as what it's supposed to be.

Looks a damned sight better than the Deacon did. :lol

I always thought the dog alien was pure yuck. What's your opinion on the xenos in Alien Resurrection? :p

At the time I loved them.

I dunno... i still think the Ressurection ones were neat, but I think I'm ore partial to the AVP variety.

Dog is still my secret favourite, though... I guess because it's the least humanoid in it's movements. Second is the AVP Xenos like Grid... they moved almost catlike.

At the time I loved them.

I dunno... i still think the Ressurection ones were neat, but I think I'm ore partial to the AVP variety.

Dog is still my secret favourite, though... I guess because it's the least humanoid in it's movements. Second is the AVP Xenos like Grid... they moved almost catlike.

I like how slimy they are, but that's about it. ADI's xenos have just gone down hill. With Aliens they got rid of the dome, modified the design here and there. But after that they have just messed with the design so much it's barely the same biomechanical creature Giger created.

I like it. My favourite Xeno is the Warrior from AvP2. :)

:sick :sick :sick one of the worst aspects of the film

There will only ever be ONE Alien. The rest are...

j u n k

I respectfully disagree. Aliens kicked A@@. 98% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes.....thats impressive for a Sci-Fi film.

The rest....barf. But I would watch Prometheus again if it was on cable.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back