Alien: Covenant (Prometheus Sequel)

I still don't get the whole Star Map thing in Prometheus - why would the Engineers leave directions on Earth to their "weapons depot" planet and not their actual "come visit us here" planet glimpsed in the Covenant trailers?

I still don't get the whole Star Map thing in Prometheus - why would the Engineers leave directions on Earth to their "weapons depot" planet and not their actual "come visit us here" planet glimpsed in the Covenant trailers?

Here is your possible answer, but be warned...SPOILERS. When you look at the Empire pictures, along with the earlier 4Chan leak...this synopsis of the full plot certainly sounds believable.

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/66i1xx/comment/dgj1fyh

That "star map" was pretty p_ss poor. Really cringe worthy when I saw the Prometheus movie. It could've been a little more detailed or elaborate. Not very convincing at all...I felt so dumbed down and insulted when I saw the actors explaining in the Prometheus movie, the supposed bull**** way they came up with the directions to a distant satellite planetoid LV233 with just a plain simple set of star-blobs in caves and stuff.

Last edited:
Yeah, it just doesn't make sense. I think in the *original* script draft, they were directions to LV-426, not this other planet - and then that detail got lost in revisions... I dunno, guess we'll hopefully know more soon enough...

I dunno, sound to me like . . .

the entire films narrative hinges on the magic black goo. Everything.

Just not sounding all that interesting. Hopefully the film will be entertaining despite that.

When I (some day soon for sure) go into space, I'm going to make sure that there is proper lighting onboard the ship. Seriously, if they insist on having that blue-green I-always-look-sick-enough-to-die lighting in the ceiling, someone is gonna get an earful.

And please make sure you don't put your face right over any slimy eggs that open up in front of you.

When I (some day soon for sure) go into space, I'm going to make sure that there is proper lighting onboard the ship. Seriously, if they insist on having that blue-green I-always-look-sick-enough-to-die lighting in the ceiling, someone is gonna get an earful.

Turquoise/teal ;) and yes it does look quite awful. Fits the film quite nicely :p

If seeing the sets being built will take you out of the movie, maybe save this for after viewing the film.

Awesome video with Adam touring a set as to being constructed. Very cool look behind the scenes. I wasn't a huge fan of Tested but now that Norm has started to just sit back and let Adam do his thing it has made for some fantastic content.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah Norm is a tad obnoxious, and he sometimes asks REALLY obvious questions, and its like "dude, youre interviewing so and so, and you ask them THAT"? Adam however is fun to watch, and asks the right stuff. Thanks for showing the video!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back