Alien: Covenant (Prometheus Sequel)

Outside of the shaky camera, this is actually a pretty decent clip. In four minutes, these characters are already light years better than what Prometheus had to offer with it's cast in it's entire running length. Nice little shout out with the 'food ain't that bad' moment.

Crew: "I heard about these crazy bugs just outside of this colonial post."​

What about the ARCTURIANS?!

Definitely not feeling Daniels as the next Ripley or even Shaw. Bleh.
The crew seems likeable enough but it's hard not to go into it looking at all of them as redshirts.

McBride I can almost see working. Franco, I'm iffy on. I think the only movie I've liked him in was Planet of the Apes.

I thought Franco was pretty good in "127 Hours" or whatever it was called, too.

McBride will be able to provide the same kind of ridiculousness that Paxton did in "Aliens," in my opinion.

I thought Franco was pretty good in "127 Hours" or whatever it was called, too.
McBride will be able to provide the same kind of ridiculousness that Paxton did in "Aliens," in my opinion.

McBride has a really weird style. He is so serious but goofy at the same time. I feel like he won't really be a detractor from this.
Seeing that pre-trailer thing.... Franco is Franco. I feel like a captain of a colonist space ship should have a more seasoned look to him, but whatever.

The clip looks good for sure, very derivative though and borderline SNL parody. I realise it's a sequel so of course it will have the same style but the "cute" joke with a crewmember choking and all the nudge, nudge, wink, wink seems a bit too much. I hope the movie has a bit more restrsint.

That whole scene just seemed off to me, forced and unnatural. The choking gag particularly, not so much a subtle wink but an elbow in the ribs.

I think Ridley has taken a strong note of the financial success of the "The Force Awakens" with A:C by including more than a few nostalgic nods to the original. The prologue with the crew meal plays with a lot of fan expectations quite successfully in many of those ways, and I liked it, for all that it is. Its immediately clear Ridley wants us to see we're back in very familar territory with this one.
I'm kind of fifty/fifty guessing how it will end . I'd will be disappointed if the film finishes like it should really have just been called "16 Horrible Ways to be killed by Aliens" but everyone has been saying the gore and action quotient is quite high in this. There certainly was a big stunt team involved and the physical and model props departments were quite busy, so they have gone old school with it, far less CGI, certainly with the monsters. But the survival rate must be near to zero for obvious reasons.
The planet intrigues me in that it is obviously so Earthlike ,so it stays true to the original "Prometheus" theories that the engineers were planetary terraformers at the very least, and those set pictures we saw of the vast ruins and strange statues seem to suggest it may have been once like a "Garden of Eden" though one that has now grown very unkept, wild and dangerous.
All I really want is for it to move the story on sensibly this time ,without the gaping holes in the logic and editing. I don't think I've got the energy for anothet thread like the "Prometheus" one.

I'm kind of fifty/fifty guessing how it will end . I'd will be disappointed if the film finishes like it should really have just been called "16 Horrible Ways to be killed by Aliens" but everyone has been saying the gore and action quotient is quite high in this.

I wonder if Ridley is like a scorned woman... "You people didn't like Prometheus and all it's intricate story telling... so I'm going to give you what I think you want.... senseless violence and lots of it. It'll be in space with aliens, so it's still cannon."

That's right, welcome to the sausage factory:D enjoy your diner while you still can:rolleyes "long" scene to establish, once and for all, the characters.
Great, now let's get the real show under way!!

Funny how they've "surveyed over three hundred worlds and no one's ever reported a creature which...gestates in a living human host' and has 'concentrated molecular acid for blood.'"

Maybe they just never return to planets which entire missions have vanished on. "To hell with that noise, let's go terraform a dead rock..."

Funny how they've "surveyed over three hundred worlds and no one's ever reported a creature which...gestates in a living human host' and has 'concentrated molecular acid for blood.'"

Maybe they just never return to planets which entire missions have vanished on. "To hell with that noise, let's go terraform a dead rock..."

It's hard to send those reports when you're being cocooned.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back