Alien: Covenant (Prometheus Sequel)

Re: Paradise (Prometheus Sequel)

Lol Well i'm not one who is demanding a link between these movies and the Alien movies... however I would like to see a smidge of wth showing the deacon was about... or even a lil bit about the distress call the guys in Alien picks up... it doesn't have to go into detail but I would like to see a small connection so my mind isn't constantly spazzing out trying to find that connection you were talking about earlier. Scott's interview stated that Paradise is indeed, as you said, black humor and is the complete opposite of what normal people see as paradise lol it will be very interesting to see where they go with it.

Although the story at LV 226 seems done and dusted, theres a couple of things that keep nagging away. The base might not entirely be a weapons depot, counted four "pyramids" on the ground and one more possibly off to the right in the cliffs and only one was explored and i use the term loosely.

The other thing is we have a Deacon on the loose, natural instinct would draw it to the pyramids, these things have been proven to take on aspects of their hosts which is now an Engineer....see where im heading?....This things one flute lesson away from startin the engine.:wacko Utter insanity i know but im getting bored waiting for detailed pics of the flame thrower. Also i think some of the confusion between LV`s for some peeps is that they both have rings, mean anything?

So you're telling me that this Deacon will be somewhat intelligent because the Engineers DNA? that is absolutely crazy but I can see it making sense.... Would he head to earth then crash and burn or make it there OR scenario 2... will he go after Dr. Shaw and crash and burn or catch her? Since we really don't know what that effer can do or what it will do I guess that we will just have to try and wait lol which is NOT COOL.

As far as the pyramids... where are you going with that?

I guess if your gunna jump on that crazy train, thats the logical stop so to speak. Just having a Queen uses elevator moment.
Just that we didnt see all the pyramids and dont know if thats the only place there is anything on that rock, it was being terraformed for something.

I guess if your gunna jump on that crazy train, thats the logical stop so to speak. Just having a Queen uses elevator moment.
Just that we didnt see all the pyramids and dont know if thats the only place there is anything on that rock, it was being terraformed for something.

oooo OOOOOO oooooo

That's its production name. Jockeys = Engineers (whatever Jeyl may say), facesnuggler = Trilobite, quasi-Xenomorph = Deacon.

What? A semi-alien (the alien is an alien, never been able to take this 'xenomorph' stuff) is called a deacon? Was just trying to swallow my distaste for the entire premise of this film and go see it, and now have to make room for yet another irritation...

Give it a go Colin, you know if you irritate an oyster long enough, ya get pearls.

At the end of the day its a brand new big budget sci fi from director Ridley Scott, how can you not see it?

Last edited:

The other thing is we have a Deacon on the loose, natural instinct would draw it to the pyramids, these things have been proven to take on aspects of their hosts which is now an Engineer....see where im heading?....This things one flute lesson away from startin the engine.:wacko Utter insanity i know but im getting bored waiting for detailed pics of the flame thrower. Also i think some of the confusion between LV`s for some peeps is that they both have rings, mean anything?
Interesting. If we go with a religious viewpoint, then if the xenomorph creature is the depiction of death/evil... and the jockey world is referred to as Paradise. Well... if the Deacon pilots a ship, and the motivation for everyone else in the movie was to meet/kill the parents... it could be the same for the Deacon... then evil comes back to paradise to pay "father" a visit.

Interesting. If we go with a religious viewpoint, then if the xenomorph creature is the depiction of death/evil... and the jockey world is referred to as Paradise. Well... if the Deacon pilots a ship, and the motivation for everyone else in the movie was to meet/kill the parents... it could be the same for the Deacon... then evil comes back to paradise to pay "father" a visit.

Its a massive stretch i know but im convincd there was a specific reason we were given that ending and not just to placate those familiar with the Alien story. When we look back at what all the forms of the Alien are capable of, this guy can be considered very "special". The one in Alien 4 nearly spoke for goo`s sake. Wouldnt be much of a dialog piece though.

Just on the religious aspects that would seem to permiate the subtext, when Wayland tells David with his last words, Theres nothing and David replies, I know, pleasent journey, whats going on there?

In Goo We Trust.

Last edited:

Its a massive stretch i know but im convincd there was a specific reason we were given that ending and not just to placate those familiar with the Alien story. When we look back at what all the forms of the Alien are capable of, this guy can be considered very "special". The one in Alien 4 nearly spoke for goo`s sake. Wouldnt be much of a dialog piece though.

Just on the religious aspects that would seem to permiate the subtext, when Wayland tells David with his last words, Theres nothing and David replies, I know, pleasent journey, whats going on there?

In Goo We Trust.

I absolutely agree with you. There WAS indeed a specific purpose for showing "The Deacon" and I don't think it was JUST to play with our minds lol And as far as Daddy Weyland telling David that, some people suspect it's just him telling David there is no light or nothing afterwards.... maybe there is more to it or maybe we are just wanting something to be there. But you are right, this alien is probably special.... and as someone mentioned before... if the xenomorphs take on the parents characteristics then it might be safe to say that "the deacon" made more xenomorphs.....

I was tuned in with Waylands side, used to work for a guy called Kerry Packer, was a big deal round these parts, he died twice, came back and said there was nothing, but was more interested in Davids responce. He said he knows like he has some inside knowledge. This guy knows all about the engineers im starting to think, maybe Shaw and Wayland should have asked HIM their eternal questions. Not much glorifaction of religion if the only person able to give a running commentary declares theres nothing. Maybe its getting late.

I was tuned in with Waylands side, used to work for a guy called Kerry Packer, was a big deal round these parts, he died twice, came back and said there was nothing, but was more interested in Davids responce. He said he knows like he has some inside knowledge. This guy knows all about the engineers im starting to think, maybe Shaw and Wayland should have asked HIM their eternal questions. Not much glorifaction of religion if the only person able to give a running commentary declares theres nothing. Maybe its getting late.

Well David pretty much has infinite knowledge about anything he wants to know lol Maybe he did some calculations and was like yeap! Nothing there! lol.

What? A semi-alien (the alien is an alien, never been able to take this 'xenomorph' stuff) is called a deacon? Was just trying to swallow my distaste for the entire premise of this film and go see it, and now have to make room for yet another irritation...

Yeah, I was speaking fanboi for the sake of clarity. :lol

It can be enjoyed as a fun movie. But you'd have to let go, hard, and I don't think you would be able to - not enough, anyway. I suspect the whole film would pretty much just anger you. Which is a shame, because the bones of a great movie are in there. It tries, which counts for a hell of a lot with me these days.

I was tuned in with Waylands side, used to work for a guy called Kerry Packer, was a big deal round these parts, he died twice, came back and said there was nothing

Ha! Thought I detected a non-Seppo. Geeze that's right, Packer did cark it once or twice before giving up the ghost for good, didn't he? I'd forgotten that. The kidney thing was a bit of a sod.

Too right Cocko.:thumbsup

Dialysis must be a major bummer if even he couldnt take it anymore. Just me i guess but that little exchange between Weyland and David lingers.

There's no assumption about it.. it's implicitly stated in the opening of the film. That's an Engineer, and it's seeding life. Pretty clear cut to me.

There's no assumption about it.. it's implicitly stated in the opening of the film. That's an Engineer, and it's seeding life. Pretty clear cut to me.

Agreed. That Engineer in the beginning drank the black goo of evolution and it made him disintegrate and fall in to the water to become people apparently lol

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back