Alien: Covenant (Prometheus Sequel)

I think Shaw is probably just stored away in a cryo-tube for a big chunk of the new movie. She then gets rescued by one of the colonists and she falls in love with him over the remainder of the movie - a guy with the last name of Ripley.

-Gary

Yes indeed, I have presently lost all enthusiasm for Alien related projects.
I lost it ten minutes into Aliens 3. I was hoping Prometheus would bring it back, but the ships crew were the only competent and/or sane people in the movie.

Sent from my Motorola StarTAC

Oh, HELL NO.

Quote from Sir Scott: "I was amazed that in the three that followed that no-one asked the question 'why the alien, who made it and why?"

WE DON'T NEED TO KNOW. It's called good storytelling and film-making to not explain every damn thing. Does no one follow the likes of David Mamet any longer?

Have we not learned from the "midichlorian" fiasco of Star Wars?

Just.... NO.

I find the idea of telling the Alien's backstory to be pretty interesting. But only if it's done well, and that is a dubious bet at this point.

How many SW fans would have liked the idea of Vader being Luke's father in 1977? Probably not as many as we assume in hindsight. ESB was one hell of a movie.

I find the idea of telling the Alien's backstory to be pretty interesting. But only if it's done well, and that is a dubious bet at this point.

How many SW fans would have liked the idea of Vader being Luke's father in 1977? Probably not as many as we assume in hindsight. ESB was one hell of a movie.

It's possible to tell a good story about this. I just don't think that Scott is the guy to do that. I don't think his recent work is evidence of a man who can produce a quality product anymore.

The man still has some magic left in him.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_martian/

I kinda felt that The Martian was a better looking, but not as engaging, version of Apollo 13 in many respects. He's cranking out films these days as if they were coming off an assembly line. What I've read about Blade Runner 2 has me slightly worried and the stopping of Blomkamp's film, which was the one that got ALL the interest, is just plain disappointing. It also feels like he's now treating it as "his" franchise, when he didn't invent the thing in the first place. Four writers did that, along with a certain artist. Certainly, he held it together and fought for things, but in terms of direction it isn't that special. (Yeah, I said it!) He has a fantastic eye for creating gorgeous visuals, but it kinda feels like (younger) Scott had a tendency fall into vats of chaos that ended up being cult classics. whichever movie one prefers, Cameron is the one that solidified it in the public eye and I doubt the series would have been as popular if it weren't for his take on it.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back