Alien: Covenant (Prometheus Sequel)

Re: Paradise (Prometheus Sequel)

We need a writer who actually knows how to write worthy philosophical dialogue and character motivations, as well as being well equipped with the fantastic, the action, the suspense and horror.

It severely lacked in the first one that none of the things discovered really generated any kind of debate or arguments between the characters.

Honestly... when I first heard the concept of the quest for a creator... I was thinking DaVinci Code in space... and yes... I know... I'll get slapped for that from here on out.

I couldn't find the SLAP emoticon.
Yeah, I can't help it if you are content with stupid writing. Sorry. :behave
Anyway... can't help that I expected any kind of reactions from the characters to what they were experiencing and Lost writer certainly can't deliver that, so good he's gone. Lost was tolerable, but man it got stupid fast.

And... it's the first one in the list. I take it it was this one? :facepalm

Last edited:

It was to see if that was the emoticon you were after. Clearly, it was.

And yeah... that had a much more rewarding mystery story about something, than we got with Prometheus.

Yup. Prometheus. I'd prefer the next one to have a better story and characters than we got in P.

Ah. Then I'm glad you did not get what you wanted :) I certainly did not want Da Vinci Code in space (dammit, we don't have a barf emoticon either!).

And no, the emoticon would be someone else slapping your face, not you slapping yourself.

Yeah, instead we got half a ripoff of AvP and a total ripoff of cheesy slasher movies and an emotional writing payoff of Twillight style proportions, with some nice imagery. :lol

The post mortems have on the whole been fascinating but now I feel like im trapped in a Quincy loop. In a comfortable place with Prometheus now and looking ahead and forward to the sequel/sequels in years to come and the thoughts of other members about it/them.

If any members would like to share those thoughts on anything to do with future tellings please feel free to post them here, repeatedly if you must.

Just a heads up...this is not a thread for those who dont like or understand or even care about Prometheus, its for those who want to see more of them. A meeting will then be held in the phonebox at 55th and Madison.:lol Just getting it in off the top.

1st post, just a reminder......do you really have to bring it here?

I like the idea of a sequel having really enjoyed Prometheus and the questions it raised. But I also wonder how much you could do with this film if it comes into being, maybe we're better off left to our opinions?

I like the idea of a sequel having really enjoyed Prometheus and the questions it raised. But I also wonder how much you could do with this film if it comes into being, maybe we're better off left to our opinions?

I'm telling you guys, the sequel to Prometheus will be an ALIEN prequel.

Re: PROMETHEUS sequel set for 2014/15

That works for me! I wonder why studios don't try to bring back the original writer if the original film was successful. The articles states the studio is looking at other writers, which seems odd to me.

I'd like it if James Cameron penned the next story and Ridley directed it. It'll never happen though.

I wonder why studios don't try to bring back the original writer if the original film was successful.

Because anyone who saw saw Prometheus can see that the characters in that film were just stupid and that the mysterious menace was only dangerous because the characters lacked common sense. I myself question a writer who thinks that it's a smart idea to have an audience invest in a character who thinks that a drawing of a tall stick figure pointing to a bunch of stars is the secret origin to human life and chooses to believe it without anything showcasing that this was indeed the case.

Characters are only as smart as their writers. If your writers can't answer any questions that they bring to the table and their characters are so stupid that the guy with a map can't find his way out of a tunnel, seek different writers.

The writer was the one weak link in that film, IMHO. Extremely pleased that they're looking at other alternatives.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back