The Definitive Maltese Falcon thread.

Keep in mind that MK's go for a premium price like his original Idols.
I've only seen one up for sale a few years ago and it was $800.

Really well nice as it is I would never pay that for a mk falcon
maybe 300-400 . 800 in my opinion is WAY to high for a piece like that . Considering Oz's falcon is what quarter of that .
But if people are willing to pay

oh well i thank you for letting me know . I like my Oz versions even more now if thats possible :lol

That's a cool prop to have in a collection. I had to watch the film for an Lit course I took in college and wasn't the biggest fan but always did like the falcon.

Both look good and look good because of there differences.

Comparison pnotos of the Savage Falcon beside and Oz Falcon.
DSC_0372.jpg

WOW! What a cool picture. I really love seeing different interpretations on the same prop.

It's why I love any Indy Golden Idol thread that shows the various sculpts. They're all clearly of the same item, but each one has the artist's tells in it.

I really like how aggressive Adam's Dingus looks...wait that came out wrong. :lol

I would say that I'd be proud to have either in my collection, but since I already have one of your birds as the centerpiece of my collection, Oz, I can say I'd be thrilled to have the Savage Falcon (What a good accidental name for such an angry looking chicken) as well.

Great thread all around. Can't wait to see more pictures!

-Nick

What about the Haunted Studios bird? I've heard some not too flattering things about them, but it would be interesting to see some comparison shots.

Here is one of the originals:

Conrad-Maltese-Falcon.jpg

...and a screen shot:

the-falcon.jpg

I'm very happy to have one of the MK birds in my collection.

Kind regards,
Magnoli

I am a huge classic movie fan and consider The Maltese Falcon a top three iconic classic film prop. I had wanted one for years and Ozymandius made my dream come true with his recent sculpture. It proudly sits on my desk and I can say it is one prop I'd never part with.

Since we're talking Maltese Falcons is it fair to post a few pics of the 1931 version?
I wouldn't mind a copy of this one either.

THE_MALTESE_FALCON_DISC_2-16.jpg

THE_MALTESE_FALCON_DISC_2-15.jpg

THE_MALTESE_FALCON_DISC_2-191.jpg

THE_MALTESE_FALCON_DISC_2-131.jpg

A noticable difference between the '31 and '41 version is a more open wing postion.

Fyi, over at the Fedora Lounge someone is selling an MK Falcon for around $400 bucks.

Last edited:
There's a big part of me that still wants to see someone take on doing a 100% accurate lead bird.

-Nick

You and me both man. The Mk has the more accurate head and the Oz has a better sculpted body . Both are not 100 pct accurate . There is still a lot of room
for an artist to make "That Idol" that is the to die for prop .

I am trying to find a sculptor to make a 100 pct accurate bird.
If you also look at the originals nobody has got the neck to head ratio correct .

Last edited:
I'm taking this thread back from the thieving recaster ****** that hijacked it. So now it's just a fun showoff thread.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Showing off a fun custom I did lately. The Smuggler's Bird.

- - - Updated - - -

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back