1:6 scale Star trek props

jason1976

Sr Member
Hey gang, I have know Idea where to post this, so, feel free to move it. (Maybe one of the Modeling sections?)

Ok, so I love props, but I love "toys" too, and I have been catching up, on some Star Trek items I have been wanting for years, and have just put off buying for far to long.

I love the old 12" (1:6 scale) Star Trek figures (Dolls) from the late 99's, early 2000's. I know things have come a long way over the last decade, and they may not hold up to some folks standards these days, but I still love them.

So why this thread about "Toys" on a prop forum? As great as I think these 12" figures are, the accessories SUCK! In a very big way. They put the wrong props with each figure, and the items the did put in, were sculpted looked awful. I mean, from the Insurrection 12" figures, to 12" Janeway, to 12" Sisko, they all came with the same awful Type II Phaser, that looked like a really bad blend of the "Dustbuster phaser" and the other style of phaser we see through out TNG. They all come with the same Tricorder, that looks kind of like the ones we see in the early seasons of TNG. And they all come with the same voyager style Padd. Beyond that, many of them have other items that just don't fight. Like Insurrection Riker comes with a voyager style phaser rifle.

Ok, Ok, Ok, so my point. It's a nice scale, even if your not into Dollies, so I was wondering if anyone has thought about doing some 1:6 scales of some of the other Props, either as a run, or on Shapeways. Like say a Boomerang (voyager/First contact/DS9 style) Type II Phaser. Maybe a First contact style Phaser rifle. etc. etc. etc.

Full size version of these props are all over the place, and even the Diamond toys versions, of some of them are pretty good for 7" scale figures. If someone had a 3D scanner, it wouldn't be that hard, to make a little something for shapeways.

I have know way of making this happen myself, but I would really to see something like this happen, or to know if it has already happened, and who I need to talk to, to get me some.

There have been some figure customizers working on Trek for a while now.
MOSTLY TOS, but there were some TNG and the company "Dragon" released a few TNG figures recently.
Custom 1:6 scale star trek original series phaser 1st attempt! updated w/ version 2 - Sideshow Freaks
Custom made Star Trek TOS - Sideshow Freaks
(page 133 of that one^ has a good shot.. probably not the only good one)
Star Trek TOS head sculpts - Sideshow Freaks
Custom made Star Trek TWOK - Sideshow Freaks
WGP's Classic Star Trek (all heads at printers!) - Sideshow Freaks
annd TNG
Custom Star Trek TNG Figures - Sideshow Freaks
http://www.gijoeelite.com/f_itemPart.asp?strPart=GID-108126
http://www.gijoeelite.com/f_itemPart.asp?strPart=GID-108128
http://www.gijoeelite.com/f_itemPart.asp?strPart=GID-108127
dragon-star-trek-next-generation.jpg

Personaly I'm pretty happy wiht the props that come with TOS 12" figures, and I konw about the Dragon figures, and wall I like the props they come with, I don't really like the figures themselves. I would really hate to buy such pricey figures just to get their props.

But I will take a look at the costume TNG figures. Thanks.

i recently took the plunge and got the TNG figure of Data from dragon figures for pretty cheap and im really happy with it. looks exactly spot on to Data. the costume is a tad bulky, but thats super easily fixed. for the price 30$ he comes with a nice bevy of accessories. here he is.

ndlopk.jpg

I think Dragon did a great job on the accessories, and a pretty good job on the sculps, and all, but I just can't get past those ill fitting cloths. (If you do alter the cloths to fit better, please feel free to post pics, and tell how. :) )

The Dragon Picard head is abysmal; bears no resemblance to the actor (the Playmates Masterpiece Picard is actually superior). The Data and Worf figures are good though.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back