Another Capt. America Shield, MINI Shield Finished! (Battle Damaged)

blastmaster

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I know another Shield build But it's my first one, Received my Blank shield, and Star from ( Valor ), really nice stars. Starting Paint today , More pics this evening. I'm also going to build a couple of Mini Shields for my kids, I'll post some build shots of those also!! Pics are a little dark, better ones tomorrow.
captamershield1.jpg

captamershield2.jpg

captamershield3.jpg

captamershield4.jpg

captamershield5.jpg

captamershield6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Another Capt. America Shield Build (Battle Damaged)

Yes, good luck! Can't wait to see what you do with the battle-damage. I'm probably going the same route.

Taped off Star, I mounted star first so I could get a good adhesion and so I could get the blue to ride up the edges, Going with an anodized spray, so I can get a metal glimmer under the spray!!
shieldcolor.jpg

shieldtaped.jpg

taped2.jpg

sprayblue1.jpg

blue1tt.jpg

blue2c.jpg

blue3z.jpg

Wow, that blue looks great! Funny, you're the only person doing the same thing I'm trying to do. That is, painting the blue with the star attached. Glad to see it can be done!

Any tips on painting? My blue didn't come out near that smooth or shiny...Are you using the Duplicolor metalcasts?

One trick is to warm up the can of spray paint by setting it in a bucket of warm water for 20 minutes before you spray. And of course, shake the crap outta the can.

Looking good ! How the hell do you guys keep dust particles of your paint ? I haven't tried to paint my shield yet, but so far, in everything I painted last week, wherever I go I get dust and other mysterious particles that appear out of nowhere on the paint...
And what are the advantages of mounting the star before painting it ?

I'm gonna still recommend using the testors paints, saves you a lot of headache for getting things smooth. :)

I may just take you up on that advice, Chris. I know you've been recommending that paint for a long while now and I'm sure for good reason :). I've got a bit of money in the Duplicolors right now, so I'll give that another go first. These shields are fun, I don't exactly mind experimenting with the paint since it can always be re-done.

They are, aren't they.. very addicting... I started out with the plan to just make one back about 5 months prior to TFA... yeaahhh.... and I'm still working on new ones for myself to get more accurate, lol... just attempted my first grooved out star instead of a top mounted star... iffy results, but I think I can definitely get it done just right next time.

They are, aren't they.. very addicting... I started out with the plan to just make one back about 5 months prior to TFA... yeaahhh.... and I'm still working on new ones for myself to get more accurate, lol... just attempted my first grooved out star instead of a top mounted star... iffy results, but I think I can definitely get it done just right next time.

Now that I want to see!

Same thing I am currently doing with mine. Makes for an accurate shield rather then the glued on star which is a bit eh.

I'm gonna still recommend using the testors paints, saves you a lot of headache for getting things smooth. :)

Can you provide a link to the paint you're recommending so I can see which Testor's it is?

Went a head and painted the rest, I just went for it since I'm going to do the battle damage, so any imperfections will be covered by the weathering, and yes it is Dupi Color, Metal cast, anodized blue and anodized red. I mounted the start first so I could make sure of good solid bond between the aluminum with no paint in between, and also to to get the blue to run up on the sides of the star to get the star to look more like it is part of the shield. Looks pretty good. also here is a couple of shots of the little shields I am making for my kids, they are 16 inches, I'm doing two for my kids and I'll be selling two after they are finished. Thanks for checking them out.
shieldpainted1.jpg

shieldpainted2.jpg

shieldwithmini.jpg

minishieldside.jpg

minishieldstone.jpg

Looks really good! I like the kids' shields idea, too.

Can you provide a link to the paint you're recommending so I can see which Testor's it is?

I posted them in another shield thread just a few days ago.. google search testors candy clear red and transparent blue.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back