Gringotts bank dragon (spoiler)

joeranger

Sr Member
I rarely get sappy and weepy in movies and when I do it is usually at really odd times.
The dragon scene in Harry Potter 8 really stuck with me. Even though it escaped, the whole idea just bothered me. "It has been trained to expect pain when it hears the noise."
I could not find any photos of the poor guy just lying there in the vault. I only found flying and fire breathing promo photos.

I was more concerned with what exactly happened to the dragon, after Harry, Ron, and Hermoine jumped off of it. The dragon was half blind, they just used it as an escape vessel, and then let it fly off. Hopefully it wasn't hunted down and killed or anything.

I felt disturbed by the poor captured dragon also, forced to live underground and manipulated by BANKS! (Was this Jo's metaphor for all of us?!!!)

But, I also felt such relief for it when Harry, Ron and Hermione set the dragon free. I just assumed it would have a much better life free to fly where it needed to, to get food to re-nourish itself and find it's own kind again. Hopefully, Jo will elaborate on this some time in the future.

I thought David Yates and WB did an absolutely MARVELOUS job depicted the frailness of that dragon and it's utter joy at breaking through to fresh air and freedom. It was one of the most beautiful moments in all of the Potter movies!

I wouldn't call it a spoiler at this stage!

Yeah, I feel you on the dragon though. That may have been his/her last gasp of life and freedom. Too old to stay aloft and what not.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back