Vulcania Submarine checking in...

Pat Regan

Hello. I'm not selling anything.

I build functional replicas of the underwater technologies seen in Walt Disney's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: a Nautilus minisub, the diving gear, etc.

If you're working on a project involving Leagues, you might find my website a useful reference for information and graphic images.

Disney Nautilus: A 1/10 Disney Nautilus homebuilt submarine

The format is plain (because the website's an old one) but it's easy to navigate: just scroll down the homepage and click on anything in our index.

There's no discussion group, but the website email still receives questions and comments.

VBR,

Pat Regan
Vulcania Submarine
Hawaii

Last edited:
P.S. Beyond introducing my online "museum" (dot-com's are so 90's!) I'd like to make it known that I am interested in just about anything related to Disney's 20,000 Leagues and Operation Undersea.

I've restored an authentic Disney helmet, and made my own functional replicas for many years. I'll attach some pictures of my work.

VBR,

Pat

Aloha and welcome aboard!

I have been to your website before and enjoyed it full of lots of great info!

Thank you!

Although, I have to say, being here, it feels like Leagues is something of a Jurrassic topic, and I'm really feeling my years amongst all the youngsters out there, with all the great movies that are out there today. I'm probably not going to find a lot of interest here, but I thought I'd give it a try.

I'm kind of amazed at the volume of what's going on here. I was a kid when Sci-Fi took off. Can't fully comprehend how far it's come.

Man I'd love to have the experience of wearing a 20k dive suit and going for a walk on the ocean bottom. I envy you.

Although, I have to say, being here, it feels like Leagues is something of a Jurrassic topic, and I'm really feeling my years amongst all the youngsters out there, with all the great movies that are out there today. I'm probably not going to find a lot of interest here, but I thought I'd give it a try.

WRONG!!:lol You are going to be amazed how much there is.

Man I'd love to have the experience of wearing a 20k dive suit and going for a walk on the ocean bottom. I envy you.

It could happen. Now that I'm retired from my "day job" I'm finishing the exterior detailing on the Nautilus Minisub, and the intention is to shoot a documentary with the sub and suits in the water together. That's pretty mucn taking up my 'Leagues-related" time allotment for the foreseeable future.

I have trained people in our crew to dive these rigs. I was thinking of offering that experience to the public, but it won't be this Summer.

But keep an eye out for notices on VSC. If you're a certified SCUBA diver, you might get your chance.

Thanks for the interest. :)

VBR,

Pat

WRONG!!:lol You are going to be amazed how much there is.

I hope you're right! :) I've had my Leagues-related work online since 1995; know it's a global phenomenon, and know many in the online Leagues community; but I was speaking of the RPF: so far I haven't seen a lot of Leaguers here yet, or received one email engendered by this group.

Still, I hope you're right and I'm wrong. Always enjoy learning about fan interest in 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

Have you done any Leagues-related projects that we might see? I'd sure like to; and I know others would, too.

Thanks for your interest.:)

VBR,

Pat

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back