Luke's X Wing Helmet Paint Colors

Cameron

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Heya gang
Im about to embark on painting a BF ANH Luke X Wing helmet. Can anyone tell me the colors they used? I scoured the board but could not find a list.
Many thanks!

You should make it look like this one:

LukeXW_02Yavin.jpg

Well storm, while insults are always welcome...maybe you can point out the Paint Colors List in that post? Or did I miss them in my multiple readings of that and every other post....."shrug"

Did you happen to see where in that thread Steve said he custom mixed Humbrol colors? I'd contact him... But really, I think it comes down to making it look like the picture. Maybe not so much THAT picture, but you know.

I was trying to be funny, sorry it came across as an insult.

I have searched the Rebel Legion and the rpf for this but there doesn't seem to be a definitive paint list other then use red, yellow black, gray etc. etc.

Streetjudge posted photos of his efx helmet. That might help.

http://www.therpf.com/f9/my-efx-luke-signature-x-wing-helmet-133516/

PS I do have one tip. If you choose Testors brand spraypaint yellow, it looks almost orange-yellow or Daytona looking. I think a brighter yellow might be their "bug yellow."

Edit: Here is where I looked. Their search engine is cumbersome. http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11480

Last edited:
No worries Storm. I do appreciate the help...I was just teasing a bit. I did see that Steve did a custom mix. I was just hoping that someone had a close list so I didnt have to reinvent the wheel. I am also a bit color blind on the reds so if left to my own I would probably make it look all wrong!

Thanks for the hints Tictoc!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back