Space Command Space Suits

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveNeill

Sr Member
Well I suppose this is the right place. First if you don't know about Space Command you will.

Space Command by Marc Zicree — Kickstarter

Space Command | Facebook

I have been given the task of making the suits. Currently I'm building a model of the Clipper to be screen used.

I will be scratch building and pattern making the the helmets and back packs. these will all be molded in RTV and many made. The only thing I can't do myself is make the blown seamless clear helmet bubble.

I need your help on that locating someone that can do this for us.

The suit is designed by Andrew Probert famous for his work on Star Trek.

Here's the original art for the suit. You can see the bubble is seamless like a NASA style bubble. I need to have 2 of these blown before I can start the supporting structure of the helmet.

I'll continue to post the progress here and do my usual videos of the project.

Thanks for any help on this and if you are the guy that can make the bubble for us please PM me so I can get this done ASAP!

Doug Drexler and I thank you! ;)

Steve

BTW This is the first and only posting of Andy's design and this project anywhere. RPF is the best. ;)

PastedGraphic-4.jpg

Andy's stuff is ALWAYS great!
And actually, it's kind of a thrill to see something he *just* drew; he re-designed my favourite helicopter (Airwolf)!

Last edited:
A: Andrew Probert does awesome work...just had to say that!

B: Someone on here did a life-size "retro" space helmet recently which was absolutely stunning. I'm assuming from memory that he created the clear bubble. Might be someone to hunt down....unfortunately I lost the thread in the shuffle of time.:confused

Well this should be awesome. Although that's a hell of a space-wedgie he's got going on there.

Do you know what the stick is?

Thanks guys someone here has to know someone that can do this. It's for pay and for Space command. Win, win. ;)

Steve

Try doing a google. Did a quick search found a company called Aviation Acrylic Mouldings appears to do what your looking for. However could also try contacting ATM (company from Tanked on animal planet) they do custom acrylic fish tanks out of Vagas.

I did that and didn't come up with what you did so if you have links guys post them here. But then again my time at the PC is limited as I'm in the shop making molds and models. ;)

I would prefer to hire someone to do it from the forum and the community. So please spread the word. I need to get two clear helmets next week. We are in production on Space Command. It is real.

Thanks Aurora!

steve

Well did another search on google an was the first one on google a least within driving distance

California Acrylic Design

4617 W. Washington Blvd.

Los Angeles, CA 90016

(323) 935-1083

(310) 559-7747

acrylicdesign1@yahoo.com

Last edited:
Thanks guys for trying. The problem is you'll never get your head inside and 6 inch neck. Well maybe some can. LOL! The globe is too round and it has to be the shape of Andy's drawing. Doug tells me if we have too me can seam it but I'm trying to avoid that. If that were the case just vacuum form it.

Steve,

If you are looking for someone in the community, I'd suggest member Richie's Armour. In fact, I just dropped them a PM with a link to this page.

He / they made an incredible helmet from the original ALIEN. Thought if someone here could RICHIE'S ARMOUR might be able to pull it off.

Ted.
Prefect42.

Steve,

If you are looking for someone in the community, I'd suggest member Richie's Armour. In fact, I just dropped them a PM with a link to this page.

He / they made an incredible helmet from the original ALIEN. Thought if someone here could RICHIE'S ARMOUR might be able to pull it off.

Ted.
Prefect42.

Ted that's perfect. We shall wait,

Thanks!

steve

Andrew Probert is one of my all time favorite concept artist, his work on Star Trek the Motion picture was fantastic, when I read that he was working on Space Command, I knew for sure that this is going to be great. His spacesuit design just confirmed it. I can't wait to see the suit come to life.

Last edited:
Steve, awesome side project to the Clipper :lol

Wrong forum, though, this here needs to go into the costuming section ;)

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back