Star Trek (2009) Shuttlecraft Color?

SamBell

Hi All -

Long time lurker, first time poster:

After an almost 13 year hiatus, I've returned to scale modeling,

I'm building a Moebius Mk. II Viper, but I wanted to give it a Star Trek treatment (custom decals, paint job, etc.), but I'm limited with my resources, which basically means I can't afford an airbrush, so that limits me to spray acrylics and enamels for the overall paint job.

I'd like to emulate the color of the shuttlecraft from Star Trek '09. I was wondering if someone might be able to help me with the best (closest) color?

Depending on the screencap, it sometimes looks semi-gloss and other times looks just flat. Not quite metal, but not quite paint. I realize that might not make sense, so here are some screencaps:

trekxihd0890.jpg

trekxihd0887.jpg

I realize a big component of the paint job is the weathering (something I've not really attemped before), but getting the right finish would help me a great deal.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I really enjoy seeing all of your work, and hopefully I'll be able to share my own!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back