Revell USS Voyager - Year Of Hell

Here's some shell damage to the French battleship Jean Bart, at the hands of the American battleship Massachusetts. I think shell damage is probably the best reference to what you're after; concussive, heavy damage in indiscriminate locations.

BattleshipMassachusettsvsBattleshipJeanBart.jpg

Here's some shell damage to the French battleship Jean Bart, at the hands of the American battleship Massachusetts. I think shell damage is probably the best reference to what you're after; concussive, heavy damage in indiscriminate locations...

Yeah, that's great. I'll have to see if I can locate my picture of my fathers' battle-damaged sub from WW2. Your pic reminded me of it, and it too will help out here!

You have probably already come up with a bunch of image captures of voyager in this stage but I felt the need for everyone hear to have a look at this baby when she was really ripped up also give's a good idea of where to put the flicker lights in the damaged sections.
voy-hell.jpg

That picture is a big help, I've had it before but I wasn't able to find it this time around!

The main parts glued in now, this'll help me add more details connecting it to the hull itself, making it seem more seamless. I also plan to use filler at the edges, this way I can shape it into bulkheads and it'll seal it from unwanted views of the interior

Qv6Hz.jpg

E1NoM.jpg

I can't believe how much easier it is to make a battle damaged ship xD I've never managed to make up a kit that's nice and clean :p

Whoa!!!That is one rough looking Starship.Always liked this episode,I just couldn`t believe a ship so small could take all that damage and still fight on.Great job!!!

Yikes! This is one of the most original and unique Trek models that I have ever seen! It has 'fantastic story' written all over it. I would never have thought of replicating a ship in that way. Cool as hell (no pun intended)!

If you're still looking for damage photos, Google image search "USS San Francisco damage" Some really great and detailed photos of a military vessel all messed up.

Always did love this episode of Voyager. Great job you got going here.
I'll just throw my .02 and suggest going to
www.navsource.org/archives

This is where you can find some of the cool declassified images that the U.S. Navy took of their WWII warships. Including a lot of damage from kamikaze attacks.

For example here's the Colorado following bomb damage:
014543.jpg

and the West Virginia after Pearl harbor:
014801e.jpg

014801o.jpg

014844b.jpg

014829.jpg

Lots of tidbits I'm sure you can use in your own build. Use your imagination and I can't wait for the next update!

I'm loving this a lot! The single best ever impression i got of a starship with exposed decks was in Starship Troopers.....and i've wanted to see that devastation ever since!

Looking really good!

Rich

At first, I didn't know where you were going with this. Now, can't wait to see her lit!
She looks amazing! (under the circumstances)
I'm a sub guy, and couldn't do a build like this. When subs get ravaged like this, they deep six and implode. Not much to look at.

Wow, looking very good. I am sure it took alot of guts after the deep breath before poking the sodering iron in for the first time. :)

I noticed you cut out the spot where the Aerowing goes on the bottom of the saucer, was it like that in the show? or do you have something else in mind?

Oh I did that before I decided to do the damage, I wanted to recreate the aerowing bay, but lack of reference kind of stopped that. Anyway it's just another hole where I can include some damage.

Figured I'd post these here. I couldn't find a ruler but I hope they help but I think the auto flash really screwed them up. If you want I can try again.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back