Valley Forge Close-up panel build FINISHED :-)

Re: Valley Forge Close-up panel build

Tonight I was working on artwork for laser cutting some of the panels. While doing so I noticed a piece that I assumed was just cut styrene. Looking over the kit parts, sure enough there it was and I was bang on with my estimated measurements too. Another piece to be cast up! but great that another kit part found was found.
VF_additional_Part.png

Just got back the laser cut pieces that will help speed things along. Once I confirm they are correct I'll be happy to forward the file to anyone that wants it.

12190351793_60f87572bf_c.jpg

Hey all,

Does anyone have a Bandai 1/30th (not 1/15th) Hummel?
Would you be willing to lend me 2 parts to mold? I think I figured out two pieces that I wasn't 100% sure about before

Lee

I think I need this Piece:
Part needed.jpg

Shown here:
VF_Unknown2.png

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a small update:
Lee_VF_Build_08.jpgLee_VF_Build_09.jpg

Hay Lee,
Looking at the part and the images ...i don't think that's the part. Looking at how many there of them and that they look like they sit flat to the surface ..im thinking that they are half parts to some part of the wheel assembly's for the tank vehicles in the treed sections.I converted the image to B&W , increased contrast and brightness and rotated it to have a look from another angel . It might help identify it. I would look at the instruction sheets for clues.
T

VF_Unknown B&W.png

Yeh it looks like a half piece to me too. That's part of the reason I've not 100% nailed the piece used. The problem is that only a few kits were used in the making of the miniatures, they just had hundreds of each of them. I will keep looking :)

Hay le,
Can you send me a list of the kits you have identified and I will see if I can get copies of the instruction sheets through the manufactures. If not through them.....there are other sources. That might be a way to identify the parts . Im sure that the manufactures have a data base of the instruction sheets for their kits when people loose them so then be replaced.
T

Hey,
Oh they have been long out of production :) Basically only Bandai 1/30th and 1/15th scale tanks were used, for the entire miniature. I've already got scans and/or kits of most.
So far only 4 kits were used on this panel 3 variants of the Panzer IV in 1/30th and another (the Hummel) in 1/15th. So far the 1/30th Hummel isn't used so it seems a real possibility it was. Here's some pics: Silent Running - Valley Forge - a set on Flickr

hay ,
Ok ... went a lookin and found these links.
This one has a breakdown on the Bandai 1/15th Hummel on the parts that make up the kit ..theres ever a 1/15th Stug 4.. nothing there that looks like it .
Studioscale.com
Still lookin

Hay,
So contacted Bandai. US .. they have referred me to Bandai Japan.. Still waiting to hear back from them. Those parts could well have been off a rocket kit.. I cant find anything like them on any of the tank and armor kits ive looked at.

If you had exact measurements we could mesh them and run them on a 3D printer. I have access to one. I'll let you know when I hear something.
On another note ..will you be able to make it to WonderFest this year? Still owe you that beer.
T

Hay Lee,
Is there any updates on the progress of the panel.
Look forward to the next installment ...
T

Well after a short delay :) Thanks to Paul Francis, castings are finally coming out of the molds here in Bangkok:
14567076767_8fffa87d31_c.jpg

Hopefully I can start cleaning them up and attaching to the base later this week.

Attachments

• IMG_8542.jpg
    IMG_8542.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 96

Looking forward to this build. Please post pics as it comes together .Put me on the list..
T

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back