All metal Proton Gun built - "A Proton Pack is not a toy"

Andymac84

Sr Member
Good day Ghostheads. I'm a long time enthusiast and fan of the franchise. Now I'm done with my first gun built, I only have a few things to get and to fix, But I want to show the first result after a nearly 16 hours marathon in varnish the parts, sort all out, get things complete, drilling holes, checking the reference pics, putting the parts together, aging,...and so on. You know the steps at best.
The overall built are all parts from umoribawar. Some are newer, some are older parts. But I was able to get all functional and fitting together. I heard he's no longer making these parts..so..this should be kind of a rare replica one day. For the aging I referred my steps to the pics from the "Minnesota Planet Hollywood Pictures" on the gbfans-mainsite. I used real nycoils and an authentic clippard valve R701. You must know...yeah, we've seen that parts many times...but note...I'm overseas and I really love it to get all the authentic parts together, because in germany or elsewhere in europe you wouldn't find those. Well, let's take a look and reply to it if u have any suggestions what I have overlooked or what u like...etc.
a few minor things which I've done for me personally:
-the complete wand is made of aluminium
-the red button on the front handle is replaced with a clear red one (the original is a red one, no clear), but I liked the clear version better
-authentic rubber grips, no resin as usual used on replicas
-real world red, brown and black wires (coming outside the gunbox into the grib section)
-white hat light on top is "sticking out" (correct it would be coming from the inside out)
-the acrylic frosted tube can be "shot out" mechanical as seen in the movie
-the heat sink on the side is a real world item I've cutted to size by myself. This one was out of my old PC and it fitted so well...I couldn't resist to use it

So it's practically not 100% sa.. but..hey..this is was I've imagined. Real world parts, my creation, my long life passion :)

Last edited:
Thanks Repro.
I'm not that into, too. But I like the props of those movies. It was very fun in getting in depth with this built. Its not finished yet. I would say about 90percent is done. Hopefully I get the rest fixed:thumbsup

Nice job...

Is the trigger tip made from aluminium?

Hopefully I have my gun complete the next weeks, do you plan to make the rest of the pack?

Hi bro.
Yes, all is made out of aluminium except the nycoils, acrylic tube and the hat lights and caps, and the grips of course. The overall gunbox is alu.
I've planned to complete the pack..I have all parts ready. I only need a pack shell......

I'm really interested in your "shot out" mechanics. All the throwers I've seen completely gloss over this, it's nice to see it on a gun. Would love to see some video!

I highly recommend that. It was sooo much fun to built this thing. But it was a few years marathon at the end... Waiting for parts, getting other interests, getting back to it, no time for it, etc.....
I also have built a thrower from the Real Ghostbusters TV-Series. Probably I'll show that one to the community, too.:thumbsup

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back