Prometheus (Post-release)

You know, I just realized something.

The bit with Janek asking Vickers if she is a robot after she turns down his advances and then she changes her mind about hooking up with him may actually have been a reference to a deleted piece of a scene in the original Alien script between Lambert and Ripley. The bit that was deleted had Ripley asking Lambert if Ash ever slept with her, let alone hit on her, to which Lambert responded that she thought he just wasn't interested in her, with Ripley admitting that Ash never approached her either. This was meant to be part of the indication that something was off about Ash (which we later find out to be the case, as he was a robot).

Man, that's better than me realizing the alien that came out of the Engineer's chest at the end was a large version of the Chestburster and that we haven't even seen the adult version of that creature yet.

I think I like the Predators teaching us to build pyramids better than Space Jockeys creating all life on Earth. At least the Predators didn't leave any stupid map that would lead us to their military installations.

I think I like the Predators teaching us to build pyramids better than Space Jockeys creating all life on Earth. At least the Predators didn't leave any stupid map that would lead us to their military installations.

These discussion has several times landed in different taste in what is a good movie. Different taste is a good thing, and there are plenty of films for everyone.

After watching the film a second time, I enjoyed the look more. The design of the planet is fantastic, the ships and vehicles look very nice, and the overall design feels very Alien. I think the CG effect are done VERY nicely. I love the use of actors. And I really like the ending with the new chestburster/xeno, and find it to be much more than wink to Alien fans. Its following the parent dies and the child takes over theme of the film.

I noticed the hand touching. All through the film you see different shots of a hand touching. Hand comes from the right. There is definately something symbolic with the hands.

My local theater dropped Prometheus in their lineup last Friday, and with my schedule filled with board meeting, special meetings, and birthday parties, I was getting worried I wouldn't be able to catch the movie a second time. I checked the schedule of another theater 30 minutes away and thankfully found it was still playing.

I asked my friend last night if he wanted to go with me today, and then he in turn asked if they had it in 3D. I went back to check, and sure enough they have a FINAL viewing tonight at 10:30 in 3D. So we will be going tonight to see it! :D

So....

I have a question I'm yet to see asked and it may or may not open up a can of worms...

What do the xenomorph eat? do they eat? Because i'm yet to see one eat something. They inpregnate us, capture us alive or even kill us, but never eat us.

So why dont they eat? Because they are a biological weapon designed to wipe out humans? A virus could do that. Why use the xenomorphs??

Is it because they create structures similar to that of the engineers? Can the engineers move right into a structure that has been made by xenomorphs.

So I wonder how long the xenomorphs live for. because they sure as hell dont eat anything.

So....

I have a question I'm yet to see asked and it may or may not open up a can of worms...

What do the xenomorph eat? do they eat? Because i'm yet to see one eat something. They inpregnate us, capture us alive or even kill us, but never eat us.

So why dont they eat? Because they are a biological weapon designed to wipe out humans? A virus could do that. Why use the xenomorphs??

Is it because they create structures similar to that of the engineers? Can the engineers move right into a structure that has been made by xenomorphs.

So I wonder how long the xenomorphs live for. because they sure as hell dont eat anything.

I think the idea conceptually in O'Bannon's original screenplay was that an alien had a brief life span where all it did was find victims to cocoon and turn into eggs to perpetuate the species. So they wouldn't need to eat, just survive long enough to do what was shown in the deleted Dallas/Brett metamorphosis scene. In Aliens that was changed to they capture hosts to bring to the hive to get face hugged from eggs laid by a queen.

What do the xenomorph eat? do they eat? Because i'm yet to see one eat something.

I'm ashamed of how little I know Alien3 by heart, but I'm fairly sure that the xeno in there chows down on one of the inmates. Or maybe it's just tearing him apart for "materials". We never actually see it CHEWING, just doing something that made me think of a hunter devouring prey.

But considering how often they use their secondary mouth to chomp BRAINS, you can't help but wonder if there's some zombie action going on... :lol

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back