Iron man paint color

Need help: im using duplicolor toreador red but something its happening, can someone tell me why and how I can fix it,look pics
uploadfromtaptalk1400019791029.jpguploadfromtaptalk1400019802810.jpgthank you in advance

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

What's your base material?
What kind of primer did you use?

Do you paint in thin coat? That seems like a prettyn heavy coat to me ...

- - - Updated - - -

You can see runs of paint on the supporting bottle .. that's never good by the way ... is that your first time painting something?

- - - Updated - - -

As to how you can fix it .. you can't. Sand that back to the primer, or to the base material, reprime in thin coats and reshoot in thin coats.

Well I paint it first with rostokeum protective red enamel first, that's when I saw this thread in the morning so I paint it on top of that id did wipe it off with soap and water before tho

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Rustoleum paint and Duplicolor paints do not mix well at all, i've had similar effects using a Rustoleum aluminum base with a Dupicolor red on top. What resulted was really similar but more subtle and tinier.
Needless to say, avoid mixing those two brands.

I don't see many thoughts about silver / chrome paints in this thread...any ideas? (I'm doing a Silver Centurion so this is particularly important for me to get right, while I know it'll never look chrome plated the last thing I want is for it to look overly gray and dingy)

Is used a darker Cherry-like mettalic as first coat.. let it dry for an few minutes and than highlight it with a brighter red metallic.
This effect will cause the red to look fairly dark in de shade, but will really light up as soon a light shines on it!
For the gold metal is used gold chrome spray, let it dry for a few days and then gently sand it in one direction with a sanding block.
Photo N_Helmet Respray.jpg
foto 4.JPG

Is used a darker Cherry-like mettalic as first coat.. let it dry for an few minutes and than highlight it with a brighter red metallic.
This effect will cause the red to look fairly dark in de shade, but will really light up as soon a light shines on it!
For the gold metal is used gold chrome spray, let it dry for a few days and then gently sand it in one direction with a sanding block.
View attachment 330980
View attachment 330981

Damn man that looks great... is it odd that I want an Iron Man arm/hand for display almost more than a helmet haha

View attachment 330980
View attachment 330981
Hi really nice job my friend. I have one question, can you tell me what silver paint did you used ?

Just curious what colors others have used to paint a mark 43 suit. I am looking for some dupli color suggestions. I heard that the 43 uses different colors from the marks 4, 6 and 7. and even different from what is used on the 42. Is this true?

Thank you for the help!!!!

Curious if anyone can help - im planning to build a Mk42, but want to colour it more like the black/gold of the 2012 comic armour (Model 40) - anyone recommend a good black and gold combo?

Thinking while i was out at work, would be nice (budget permitting) to have a blue metal flake in the black, just a subtle catching the light effect, think i may need to talk to an old friend with a car bodyshop and a drive in oven to bake parts....

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back