1/350 enterprise d 6 footer

Ouch. I'm in solidarity with kirkman and everyone else that hopes you heal well, and that we get to see this project finished one day.

On a side note; I thought the same about an injury in my right shoulder from a few years back. It turned out to be a SLAP tear instead, but limited the use of my right arm nonetheless (persistent deep burning aches and sharp 'referred pains' that typically were felt in my tricep and elbow). Anyway, I hope you can find a decent surgeon. I walked out on three before settling on the one that ultimately fixed me up. He did such a good job that it now works better than my left shoulder.

yep - the right doc is key... and a GOOD MRI. My MRI was so cr@ppy that the Dr. could not tell what was going on in there... gat a second.. a proper diagnosis, Surgery, and 3 months of PT. Its got 100% range of motion and about 50% strength... still working on that, but have been discharged from PT. Right shoulder also... Good Luck!

Jedi Dade

Any progress? Also hard to find reference on one subject being the windows. Giving that the surface is smooth...

1)Are windows applied to the master via tape, sheet styrene or card and once casting, the windows become a slight raised detail to which a few layers or paint make the windows appear flush with the hull?

2)The windows are applied after the casting and up to the painter to place and mask them off for painting?

The first suggestion would to me be the right way of doing it but can't find clear indication that it is correct.

Last edited:
The Enterprise D has new life I'm happy to report! Met Jason Saturday and 2300 miles later the Enterprise D is now in my shop. What a great piece! We will rework some areas and get her ready for molding. We are going to finish the build where Jason left off. There are things that need to be addresses detail wise and will report all progress here. I could use any reference of the 6 footer folks may have. Look forward to the project! Thanks Jason for the great start! Hope I can do her justice and bring her to life!

20160425_104057.jpg20160422_195113.jpg

Great news indeed and it's awesome to know this build is back on track. If memory serves, this project started in SoCal, then headed up to Washington state ... May I ask what part of the country this project now resides?

The first thing I will be doing it upgrading the Phaser arrays and the unfinished bridge piece. Thanks to those that sent reference info.. I appreciate it.

Steve

I am disappointed that it had to given up for adoption, but I can't wait to see her finished. she seems to be in good hands. :) full speed ahead, captain!!!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back