1/350 enterprise d 6 footer

I found this site the other day via google search looking for a Bat'leth replica and have been nothing but amazed at the talent displayed on here. Awesome build!

Sidenote- Wow Cadeus you're in Bacliff? I'm in League City, right next door. Small world. :)

It is, indeed. :) I grew up in League City... graduated HS in 1994. Nice to meet a fellow wildcat. :)

********UPDATE 9-17-12************

so quick update...I took a little break from the large parts and went at it on the engine nacelle parts. I did end up extending it from what the official blueprints had me use for a length, so know its a lot closer to the original 6 footer now. I made several castings for the grilles just behind the ram scoop, glued them all together and am now working on cleaning them up, very happy with how they came out. Am also working on 2 stands to mount the saucer and secondary hull seperately, so I can then put them together and get the fit perfect!
Thinking about selling kit for the nacelles, will see if there is any interest once I get to that point.
Thanks for looking! I will keep moving on!

a kit for JUST the nacelles?!? I would be interested in a kit for the whole darn thing! :) How much do you think a kit that size would run somebody? Too much for me, I'm sure, but you are a great artist! When I was a kid, I loved star wars like it was my momma, but it was the Enterprise that got me into modeling. All of my builds have been lost or destroyed over the years, but I had a bunch, and most of them were star trek ships... enterprises a-d, excellseor, reliant, bird of prey, romulan and klingon, voyager, deep space 9. I was fascinated by the technology and artistry of star trek... still am. Next summer, the first projects I am gonna tackle are a 1:350 scale model build of every enterprise there is from original series to E. I plan to track down the kits that exist, but the real fun will be scratch-building what doesn't. I know there is an NX-01, an A, and now there is an E, but I don't know about the others. I haven't started researching yet. For now I am content to watch great artists like you and humbly learn from your ways. Thank-you for sharing! :popcorn

a kit for JUST the nacelles?!? I would be interested in a kit for the whole darn thing! :) How much do you think a kit that size would run somebody? Too much for me, I'm sure, but you are a great artist! When I was a kid, I loved star wars like it was my momma, but it was the Enterprise that got me into modeling. All of my builds have been lost or destroyed over the years, but I had a bunch, and most of them were star trek ships... enterprises a-d, excellseor, reliant, bird of prey, romulan and klingon, voyager, deep space 9. I was fascinated by the technology and artistry of star trek... still am. Next summer, the first projects I am gonna tackle are a 1:350 scale model build of every enterprise there is from original series to E. I plan to track down the kits that exist, but the real fun will be scratch-building what doesn't. I know there is an NX-01, an A, but I don't know about the others. I haven't started researching yet. For now I am content to watch great artists like you and humbly learn from your ways. Thank-you for sharing! :popcorn

I would love to sell the whole kit. I think a project this size may have to be split in 3 or 4 sections to make it more affordable.
I may just sell some nacelles first as a test and maybe to help fund to finish
Gotta get her done first though!
Thanks for looking!

************UPDATE 10-14-12***********
I know its been a while but I am making some progress. I have been working on designing an armature that can be fiberglassed into the parts so no warpage will occur down the road or in shipping if there is enough people out there crazy enough to want to build this baby:wacko! Or have the money too:eek! So I went and got myself one of the new clear edition AMT enterprises for mock up purposes. I have cut a hatch in the bottom for the mount, top around the main shuttle bay, battle bridge and the underside of the saucer where it mounts. I will also have 1 mount on each the top and bottom of the saucer right in the middle for a possible seperation. Very similar to the original 6 footer. I also plan to have the bottom half of the secondary hull, the nacelles, and the top half of the saucer removable by neodymium magnets fiberglassed into the parts. No ugly screws to cover:sick! So right now for the plug I have tried it out and I am very happy with the results. Also working on all the recessed sections on the bottom of the saucer, got them all made just need to putty and glue them in! The nacelles are almost complete, just waiting for some styrene strips to make the engine grilles and rtv silicone. Was hoping to have something more complete before posting, but I assure you I am still working on it! Oh yeah by the way, I havent weighed it but its pretty damn heavy! can barely lift the saucer by myself, but it should be a lot lighter when its just fiberglass and aluminum.
Thanks for looking!

It's a beautiful thing man! :thumbsup

If you do ever end up making a kit that would be awesome although I'm not sure my present level of talent would be able to handle it!

View attachment 124693
Ok trying a new phone app, hopefully the pictures download. This one should be the lower section of the saucer showing the alignment pins/magnets for holding together the 2 sections. Works awesome. Actually is difficult to pry them apart.
View attachment 124705
Close up of the magnets sleeved in a piece of brass tubing. This is to give me some gap for when I fiberglass the magnets in the parts.
View attachment 124709
Have been working on making all those little window inserts for the bottom saucer. Almost done. Then primer!
View attachment 124712View attachment 124713
Got some styrene patterned perfect for the nacelle grille. 0.125 spaced corrugated siding. Looks awesome! Almost ready for molding. Hey dad whatcha doing?
View attachment 124716
Secondary hull almost ready for the first coat of primer, waiting for me to get the stand done for the saucer so I can mate them up and double check the fit. Yes it did look like I almost had it all fit already but remember I had to reshape the neck area to match the studio model better than the blueprints depicted.
View attachment 124717
3 rd coat of primer. Working on getting all the waves out of it. Then phaser banks and grid lines!
Thanks for looking!

That is just so very, very awesome! I almost jumped out of my chair when I saw your update. I am eagerly watching the evolution of this build. I can only hope that my enterprise-c turns out half-as-awesome as your d is coming. Keep up the great work! :)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back